By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Azelover said:

It's all gonna end soon.

We're reaching the singularity at a very fast pace. And, unless we go hardcore sustainable, the God we're building now, which is called Artificial Intelligence, will wipe us out.

So don't worry. Everything is under perfect control. This was meant to happen from the very beginning..

I find it laughable that humans assume AI will end humanity. It's ridiculous to me and us continuing to survive or dying of other natural causes will be proof enough of that. But neither you nor me will be alive to see that my friend

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network
Victorlink87 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

These are 100+ notable animals that went extinct in record history because of us.

I try to stay positive, I really do, but this leaves such a big mess behind that I don't know if anyone can fix. Why do we suck so much as a species? -_-

We are fairly morally broken as a species. I think this is worth while, but what we do to each other is even worse.

I agree to that. Except for nasty poachers, no one intended to kill these animals. But humans regularly kill, torture and do other nasty things to each other. And the disregard for life of your own species. Our armies kill innocents and we forgive them if they aren't from our nation and accept bullshit excuses like collateral damage. Plus disregard for life as long as we have the convenience. But as I said we are way in over our heads on how to take care of ourselves, let alone every other species on earth

Cobretti2 said:
Eagle367 said:
Humans are given a hard time but we have to realise we are in over our heads. We created all this tech without understanding what the implications would be. We're constantly learning about how the stuff we use hurts the environment like CFCs before, CO2, plastics etc. We fixed the hole in the ozone and most of us are somewhat trying to stop CP2 emissions. I think we need to cut hi,amity some slack, except stupid poachers because we never intended to kill off species and there was no malice or evil intent behind it. Humans are just stupider than we think we are and we are punching way above our weight and that of course is causing loads of problems

Well said.

The only thing I will add tot his is people saying who cares we are above the food change. Have a look at some docos on how the planet actually works. All the bugs people hate have a purpose on this planet. Nature may take care of them in the long run but something will replace them. We do not have to go out of our way to actively do it lol.

We shouldn't stop trying though. We should do something but not constantly beat ourselves up about it. And yes people saying deer need to die or wasps need to die are stupid. Mosquitoes are wankers though. They can fuck off

StreaK said:
I swear, if Tigers become extinct I'll buy a few myself and breed them. there is no way I'll live in a world without Tigers. They're the best!

The problem is those furriest refuse to wank each other. Just as pandas but less extreme. Some of these species are begging to be extinct. We can try as hard as possible, but there's not much we can do outside of ensuring that they live long enough to breed. And give birth to more than 2 children who also survive since that's needed for a population to grow. All of this makes it that much harder to save these species

I don't get it. If they went extinct wouldn't that mean they suck? Not only do they suck at living but also at procreating.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Other animals aren't better than humans, though.

They just can't do what we do but you just have to watch how animals are to each other to understand that many of them are even worse than humans and you can be lucky that they can't use weapons and stuff like that.

I always have to laugh when someone says that humans are worse than other animals. No, they are just not able to destroy as much as humans do.

Last edited by crissindahouse - on 25 January 2019

Rab said:
S.Peelman said:
Eh. 99.9999% of animals that existed are extinct. The couple that’s out fault are a drop in the pond.

Not in such a small time scale, we are harming the ecology far faster than anything baring an asteroid impact  

My comment was half joking, but it has a bit of truth.

You are right in that we are doing things we needn’t be doing to the environment. I like animals, and hate poachers and other cruelty. However, humans are arrogant to think we can do anything to really ruin the planet and have a definitive impact in the grand scheme of things.

Our time here is but a blink on the lifespan of the Earth. Before us, lifeforms evolved and died out. Continents formed and got washed away. Volcanoes spewed, and still do, the same amount of CO2 into the air that we as a species in our entire existance do. After we are go away ourselves, new lifeforms will rise and die out again. Climates will continue to change. Even oil, coal and mineral reserves will replenish in time.

That said, I agree that for us, even if not necessary for the wellbeing of the planet, then at least for our own comfort, we can be less destructive. We don’t need to blast high amounts of CO2 into the air anymore when we have technology that makes that obsolete. We don’t need fur coats, or animal fluids for medicine. 

I'm not expecting everyone here to personally go out and save the pandas or kill a poacher but some of you people are just fucking ignorant or selfish. Oh yeah let's wipe out half the species on the planet so that it ruins the food chain and directly impact species that benefit us

They were going to die anyway. It's life 

If you require alcohol to have fun, then you have a problem

That's the course of nature.