By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch TFLOPS : 1,024 ? 0,79 ? 0,393 ?

Mr Puggsly said:
Nate4Drake said:

You have been just reported.     

Your post was dumb though.

Its arguably wrong and it sounds like you weren't even certain about what you were saying.

Why ? I just checked the last videos and pics from Uncharted3 and The Last of Us, and I believe they are more impressive than anything on Switch.  What part of it do you consider dumb? May you elaborate? If you don't agree, simply state it and why, keeping some education.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
Nate4Drake said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Its arguably wrong and it sounds like you weren't even certain about what you were saying.

Why ? I just checked the last videos and pics from Uncharted3 and The Last of Us, and I believe they are more impressive than anything on Switch.  What part of it do you consider dumb? May you elaborate? If you don't agree, simply state it and why, keeping some education.

Everything ported from the PS3 to the Switch have a higher resolution, better textures and better framerate and yet you make this false statement and keep saying it. That's why I posted the "you should stop posting" picture.

Yeah, of course Uncharted3 looks more realistic than Mario Odyssey. That doesn't make the PS3 more powerful than the Switch. It is absolutely nonesense to believe that.

393 Gflops docked
196 Gflops undocked

Nate4Drake said:
jonathanalis said:
0.393 when measuring FP32
0.79 when measuring FP16.
If you are comparing to 1.3 TF of Xbox One, use FP32.

But still, every game must work on portable mode, so the number we have to use for switch is around 0.15

0.15 TF ?  That's why the best looking Game on PS3 or XBox 360 still look better than anything on Switch, right ?  Games like The Last of Us or Uncharted3 look more impressive than the best looking game on Switch from what I remember; I should see them side by side to be sure though.

Sorry but WTF? Mario Odyssey blow any game on  ps360 out of the water, the switch also run Dark Souls and Skyrim at a more stable framerate and the same resolution in handheld mode (with some added effects like better textures and better lighting in skyrim case). This seems like a Nostalgia Goggles case.

Edit: Beaten

OdinHades said:

My Laptop is faster than every one of those machines. My laptop! Not even my desktop. It's friggin' time for new consoles!

Not that I would care about power in a Nintendo console though. =P

Cool. How much did your laptop cost.

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
Nate4Drake said:

Everything ported from the PS3 to the Switch have a higher resolution, better textures and better framerate and yet you make this false statement and keep saying it. That's why I posted the "you should stop posting" picture.

Yeah, of course Uncharted3 looks more realistic than Mario Odyssey. That doesn't make the PS3 more powerful than the Switch. It is absolutely nonesense to believe that.

I never said PS3 is more powerful than Switch.   But I consider Uncharted3 a more impressive Game than anything on Switch, from a tech point of you. Geometry, details, textures, scale, animations, etc.   Where is the non sense?

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Nate4Drake said:
SKMBlake said:

I never said PS3 is more powerful than Switch.   But I consider Uncharted3 a more impressive Game than anything on Switch, from a tech point of you. Geometry, details, textures, scale, animations, etc.   Where is the non sense?

It's nonsense because, given time, the Switch will have games that will look more impressive than anything that was out on PS3. Heck, I think some already do, but that is besides the point. When you go back to those games now, they really don't look as impressive than you thought they did. And i'm not just talking graphics. I mean, afa physics engines go, BotW is far more impressive than the games you mentioned.

Nate4Drake said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I could argue Mario Kart 8 is more impressive than anything on PS3. I mean 1080p/60 fps with very polished visuals.

Dark Souls, Skyrim and Diablo 3 also demonstrate a massive visual and performance edge over 7th gen consoles.

Uncharted 3 and Last of Us are impressive looking games, that's the best Sony did with PS3. I credit good use of assets and effects. But I also believe Switch could handle those games and make improvements beyond PS3's capabilities.

Essentially, it becomes a debate about what has one console done the other has not. Thus far, I give the edge to Switch because its running great looking games at higher resolutions with better performance.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

OTBWY said:
Nate4Drake said:

It's nonsense because, given time, the Switch will have games that will look more impressive than anything that was out on PS3. Heck, I think some already do, but that is besides the point. When you go back to those games now, they really don't look as impressive than you thought they did. And i'm not just talking graphics. I mean, afa physics engines go, BotW is far more impressive than the games you mentioned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kevunloD6aw

so check again, maybe you forgot...

I clearly said that I consider Uncharted3 a more impressive visual experience / tech than anything available now on Switch.   Who ever said that Switch will never produce a more impressive game in the future ? Did I say that ?  Is it so hard to accept that Nintendo is not "squeezing" an already weak piece of hardware ? It is not their priority.

Anyway, if you don't agree it's fine, and if you consider other games more impressive just name them, it's your point of view.  But don't call "non sense" what you don't understand or agree with.

Harriet Tubman.

Nate4Drake said:
OTBWY said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kevunloD6aw

so check again, maybe you forgot...

I clearly said that I consider Uncharted3 a more impressive visual experience / tech than anything available now on Switch.   Who ever said that Switch will never produce a more impressive game in the future ? Did I say that ?  Is it so hard to accept that Nintendo is not "squeezing" an already weak piece of hardware ? It is not their priority.

Anyway, if you don't agree it's fine, and if you consider other games more impressive just name them, it's your point of view.  But don't call "non sense" what you don't understand or agree with.

I think you definitely haven't revisited, or want to revisit some of these PS3 games. Cause.. it's not going to work out well for ye.

The middle part of what you said was nonsense but the second to last sentence is what I want to respond to. You see, I already mentioned BotW. It's not even a Switch exclusive and look how it fares against the physics engine of a PS4 title. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVPXKdSEGNQ Came out the same time mind you.