Forums - Sony Discussion - Days Gone looks really meh

Tagged games:

Are you expecting to be blown away by Days Gone?

Yes 37 39.78%

No 56 60.22%

Total:93
GOWTLOZ said:
CGI-Quality said:

He was talking scores, with Uncharted 4 being one of the highest rated exclusives of the gen. 

If just looking at scores there are even more of those, Knack 2 being the most recent.

Knack isn't representative of Sony's Gen 8 catalogue but you've simply mixed cats and insects now. If you're going to say "Days Gone looks meh", do so on the sum of its parts. Uncharted 4 (who's "parts" were full of praise) has no correlation to how you view Days Gone.

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 23 January 2019

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
GOWTLOZ said:

If just looking at scores there are even more of those, Knack 2 being the most recent.

Knack isn't representative of Sony's Gen 8 catalogue but you've simply mixed cats and insects now. If you're going to say "Days Gone looks meh", do so on the sum of its parts. Uncharted 4 (who's "parts" were full of praise) have no correlation to how you view Days Gone.

Cerebralbore said

"Honestly, I just trust Sony to be able to handle their first party studios at this point. And the game has been in development for 7 years. So if it comes out with a mediocre Opencritic score of 75 to 77, I'll be a little surprised."

I was just saying in regards to that argument. The Big three are still liable to making mediocre games every now and then and the higher executives can't prevent it.

GOWTLOZ said:
CGI-Quality said:

Knack isn't representative of Sony's Gen 8 catalogue but you've simply mixed cats and insects now. If you're going to say "Days Gone looks meh", do so on the sum of its parts. Uncharted 4 (who's "parts" were full of praise) have no correlation to how you view Days Gone.

Cerebralbore said

"Honestly, I just trust Sony to be able to handle their first party studios at this point. And the game has been in development for 7 years. So if it comes out with a mediocre Opencritic score of 75 to 77, I'll be a little surprised."

I was just saying in regards to that argument. The Big three are still liable to making mediocre games every now and then and the higher executives can't prevent it.

But you're counter argument was irrelevant to his, since he didn't say they were immune to it. He said he trusts in them to provide a solid experience (which would obviously be based on most of their better showings up to this point [including Uncharted 4]).

Days Gone looks like the ultimate 80-85 metacritic game. It won't impress game critics because it will be a game that simply gives what people want of it. It will suffer the same pattern than a Ubisoft game. That means, some mocking of some part of the press and forums but it's going to be one of those successul games saleswise that people will not understand how is one of the best sold games by the end of the year.

Days Gone is designed to be succesful, and it's going to be. More than 2M sold in its first month is a gurantee in my opinion, and probably more than 5M in just a few months my personal bet.

See this is the problem they went down with Uncharted. If you advertise that your game looks like a movie people expect movies not games.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
See this is the problem they went down with Uncharted. If you advertise that your game looks like a movie people expect movies not games.

People think that? At no point have I thought this looks like a movie...

KLXVER said:
sethnintendo said:

It was a bad joke.  But you know what isn't a joke.  Sony and CGI commercials.  I swear to god everytime I see a Sony commercials it is pure CGI.  It is like... Where the fuck is the gameplay?

sethnintendo said:
KLXVER said:

It was a bad joke.  But you know what isn't a joke.  Sony and CGI commercials.  I swear to god everytime I see a Sony commercials it is pure CGI.  It is like... Where the fuck is the gameplay?

Examples?

CGI-Quality said:
sethnintendo said:

Examples?

Every Sony commercial since the 90s.  They always emphasize CGI over any gameplay graphics.  Heck you are lucky to see gameplay footage in a Sony commercial.  I'll stop here though.  Don't want to hijack the thread of exclusive looking meh.

sethnintendo said:
CGI-Quality said:

Examples?

Every Sony commercial since the 90s.  They always emphasize CGI over any gameplay graphics.  Heck you are lucky to see gameplay footage in a Sony commercial.  

Funny, I've seen plenty of their commercials that completely contradict this.