By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Kingdom Hearts 3 FW sales prediction

LGBTDBZBBQ said:
Nautilus said:
Gonna do 4 millions FW worldwide, for sure.This is the most hyped KH ever, in my opinion.Not only that, but the popular disney worlds there will help it sell outside the fanbase.

Honestly, this game will sell at least 10 millions LT.

FFXV 24-hour shipments+Digital = 5m.

Current LTD = 8.4m(PC/PS4/XB1).

I don't think 10m is realistic for a single player JRPG if FFXV is struggling to reach that sales number. This isn't the same as MHW situation where the potential of sales was held back by the hardware and region, multiplayer focused games tend to do better in the west. 

KH3 isn't going to outsell FFXV and nowhere near MHW numbers. 

HylianSwordsman said:
Sorry KH fans. KH is one of my favorite franchises, but it's been too long since the last mainline game. Hype has definitely died down for the series as a whole. The last game got just over 4 million lifetime. This one will get even less than that. It's releasing 13 years later after many have lost interest after several confusing spinoffs that make it impossible to follow the story unless you're a diehard fan. And there are a lot of diehard KH fans, but not more than there were 13 years ago. It'll probably sell half its lifetime sales or more in the first week, so being generous...

WW: 2 million shipped+digital
NA: 1 million shipped+digital
EU: 300k shipped+digital
Japan: 600k shipped+digital
RoW: 100k shipped+digital

PotentHerbs said:

Depending on reviews, 3 Million+ first week for KH3 on PS4 is possible.

Edit: 2 Million+ is more reasonable, 2.5 Million is the high end.

Crows are about to get served.

And I was said that 10 million units was impossible because Kh would never pass FF...

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

This is what I meant when I said MHW scenario. As a matter of fact I was spot on if you look at it's shipped numbers which are the same as MHW lol.

Wow this thread really does remind me of MHW.....quite a few people in this thread were WAY off.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

CGI-Quality said:
I won't call out any specific prediction given I didn't make one myself, but after reading through this thread, they are nearly as bad as God of War III, Gran Turismo 5, and Heavy Rain's were. A few of you were waaaaay off! :P

I know I'm not from that era, but I've been down the rabbit hole and I could have sworn I saw some really bad Little Big Planet predictions too ...  

I wonder if this will be a consistent trend, haha. GoW, Spider-Man, KH3. Next gen I wonder what it will be.

CGI-Quality said:
I won't call out any specific prediction given I didn't make one myself, but after reading through this thread, they are nearly as bad as God of War III, Gran Turismo 5, and Heavy Rain's were. A few of you were waaaaay off! :P

Honestly I think it's just Nintendo fans who are salty about these games (big Japanese games like KH,MH etc.) not being on their platform of choice. Because I can't explain the pessimism around these games that clearly have signs of success (a lot of hype etc.).

Around the Network
Nautilus said: 
HylianSwordsman said:
Sorry KH fans. KH is one of my favorite franchises, but it's been too long since the last mainline game. Hype has definitely died down for the series as a whole. The last game got just over 4 million lifetime. This one will get even less than that. It's releasing 13 years later after many have lost interest after several confusing spinoffs that make it impossible to follow the story unless you're a diehard fan. And there are a lot of diehard KH fans, but not more than there were 13 years ago. It'll probably sell half its lifetime sales or more in the first week, so being generous...

Crows are about to get served.

And I was said that 10 million units was impossible because Kh would never pass FF...

Hey, crow has NEVER tasted so good. So happy for Kingdom Hearts 3!

shikamaru317 said:
HylianSwordsman said:

You were off by 3m, ouch, lol. 

I tend not to make predictions unless I'd want to eat the crow when I'm wrong, and this is indeed some tasty crow. I'm the happiest person in this thread, you know. Now I just need to find where all these Kindgom Hearts fans have been all these years. Are there new KH fans now? The only thing that sucks for me is that I'm in a bit of a financial crisis right now and can't afford the game, so I'm shit out of luck until probably May at the earliest. That's the painful part, this crow is my only comfort.

TheGamer_1995 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Honestly I think it's just Nintendo fans who are salty about these games (big Japanese games like KH,MH etc.) not being on their platform of choice. Because I can't explain the pessimism around these games that clearly have signs of success (a lot of hype etc.).

Trust me, as much as I'd love Kingdom Hearts on Switch, I'm happier than any of you all. Kingdom Hearts is my favorite franchise after Zelda. I've just been so jaded about the whole series leading up to this release because it seemed like it would never come, and the only time I ever heard anyone talk about Kingdom Hearts was to make fun of it, and suddenly Kingdom Hearts 3 is announced after a literal dozen years and maybe it's just the crowds I run in but even the people I used to talk to about Kingdom Hearts back in the day weren't all that psyched for it, so I was pretty jaded and cynical as a coping mechanism. I can't speak for the other naysayers though.

shikamaru317 said:
HylianSwordsman said:

I tend not to make predictions unless I'd want to eat the crow when I'm wrong, and this is indeed some tasty crow. I'm the happiest person in this thread, you know. Now I just need to find where all these Kindgom Hearts fans have been all these years. Are there new KH fans now? The only thing that sucks for me is that I'm in a bit of a financial crisis right now and can't afford the game, so I'm shit out of luck until probably May at the earliest. That's the painful part, this crow is my only comfort.

Hopefully you get to play it soon. I am really enjoying it so far personally. 

Thanks man. I've heard people shitting on it so I'm glad to hear the real fans are pretty pleased so far. Now I just need to figure out how to survive a couple months without spoilers :(

HylianSwordsman said:
shikamaru317 said:

Hopefully you get to play it soon. I am really enjoying it so far personally. 

Thanks man. I've heard people shitting on it so I'm glad to hear the real fans are pretty pleased so far. Now I just need to figure out how to survive a couple months without spoilers :(

YYour not the only one, I got the game day one but because of things hapening I barely put like 5 hours into it in this whole time. I hope I dont get the game spoiled. I friend went and texted me trying to screw me, but thanxs to the text preview that only shows the first few word I got saved. Just got to ignore the guy now :p

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.