Forums - Sales Discussion - December NPD 2018 thread

zorg1000 said:
jason1637 said:

Doubt it. Probably around 8m. Maybe 10m including shipped.

No way, this site has it at 1.4 million after 3 weeks in Europe so probably close to 1.8 million when the next 2 weeks are added.

That brings it to 8 million for USA+Japan+Europe and does not include Canada, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, Middle East or the rest of Asia. None of those individually are big but should easily be another ~500k combined.

That brings it to ~8.5 million, then add 15-20% for digital and you have ~10 million.

I don't think Nintendos digital attach rate is that high. Probably 1m topds digital imo for NA, Japan, and EU. And 500-800k ROW incuding digital. 

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
zorg1000 said:

No way, this site has it at 1.4 million after 3 weeks in Europe so probably close to 1.8 million when the next 2 weeks are added.

That brings it to 8 million for USA+Japan+Europe and does not include Canada, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, Middle East or the rest of Asia. None of those individually are big but should easily be another ~500k combined.

That brings it to ~8.5 million, then add 15-20% for digital and you have ~10 million.

I don't think Nintendos digital attach rate is that high. Probably 1m topds digital imo for NA, Japan, and EU. And 500-800k ROW incuding digital. 

Well, we do know the average digital attach rate for Switch 1st party releases is around 10% but it seems SSBU might have easily exceeded the mark, although I can't concretly say without proof that it does.

Now, if retail sales after it's 1st month are around 8M-9M in retail only, I'd say it wouldn't be too far-fetched to think it reached the 1M milestone at least in digital sales.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Acevil said:
p0isonparadise said:
Smash was #1 for the month and sold 3,592,000 at retail. Largest opening for an exclusive.

New king of exclusives. It should have decent digital rate with that said I wonder if this will ever be beat retail wise.

How many major releases were released n the NS in 2018?

Idk about everyone else but I was expecting Smash t sell very well...... all considering.

Smash ended up being the 5th best-selling game of the year solely with retail sales alone, incredible.

It's also the best-selling exclusive of the year.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
Acevil said:

New king of exclusives. It should have decent digital rate with that said I wonder if this will ever be beat retail wise.

Idk about everyone else but I was expecting Smash t sell very well...... all considering.

What is your definition of a major release?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

NSW 1770k
XB1 930k
PS4 820k

Yeah, those numbers look about right to me. No big surprises.

ratolmc said:
In a generation with the likes of Red Dead 2, Zelda BOTW, Bloodborne, God of War, Persona 5, Mario Odyssey, and Uncharted 4 only one game reigns supreme.

Witcher 3

Intrinsic said:
Acevil said:

Does it  even matter??    It is still a HUGE accomplishment regardless! 🤷‍♂️    

Nothing to see here, move along

Switch generated the highest December-month hardware dollar sales for a single platform since the Nintendo Wii in December 2009.