By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Brand power: Sony v MS v Nintendo v Playstation v XBOX

"Microsoft" and "Sony" regularly beat "Nintendo" in brand power but "XBOX" and "Playstation" don't.

eg https://www.interbrand.com/best-brands/best-global-brands/2018/ranking/

Does anyone have any recent lists where 'Playstation' and 'XBOX' are higher than Nintendo?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

In the UK, PlayStation is apparently the third most 'relevant' brand...

https://www.mcvuk.com/business/playstation-is-the-uks-third-most-relevant-brand

In any case, I don't think these are worth putting too much thought into.

I looked it up and neither Playstation nor Xbox are even on that site, meaning they are probably just included under their parent company ...

Either way Apple is #1, so it's not something I would personally care about, considering I don't care for Apple at all.

MS (by a mile) > Sony > Nintendo > PS > Xbox is my guess, worldwide. It may be different in some places though.

Playstation and Nintendo are both by an absolute country fucking mile ahead of xbox. No comparison.

Around the Network

MS is top here, but xbox... man, xbox is very far behind Nintendo and Playstation.

It's like:
MS >> sony > Ninty = PS >>> Xbox.

VAMatt said:
MS (by a mile) > Sony > Nintendo > PS > Xbox is my guess, worldwide. It may be different in some places though.

I think Playstation is ahead of Sony in some parts of the world.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Sony and Microsoft are known for a lot more than gaming. It's not surprising that they would have stronger brands.

On the gaming side, since Nintendo is a pure gaming company, then they are going to have a stronger brand than Playstation or XBox.

VAMatt said:

Pretty much.

Not surprising that Microsoft and Sony our rank Nintendo, but also not surprised Nintendo ranks higher than Xbox or PlayStation.

First you'd need a list that actually separated product brands from the brands of their parent corporations. Obviously, that's not what's in the OP. Why people are treating it as such, I'm not sure.