By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe passed Super Mario Odyssey

Which game will surpass Mario Kart 8 Deluxe as bestselling Switch title?

Pokemon Let's Go (Combined) 0 0%

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 17 39.53%

Animal Crossing 2019 0 0%

Pokemon 2019 18 41.86%

Mario Kart 9 6 13.95%

Other game (please write in the comments) 2 4.65%

Total:43
Jranation said:
Mario Kart Tour could even boost MK8Deluxe even more

I agree. It could have a similar effect as Pokemon Go had for Sun and Moon.

Maybe it could also lead to a new spin off Mario Kart game for the Switch.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
flashfire926 said:

I dont want Mariokart 9 because I want Nintendo to give updates and bring new content/features to Mariokart 8 deluxe. 

Will also not happen.

There's no precedent of Nintendo suddenly announcing update or DLC content for a game over a year after its release, which is why people hoping for it with either MK8 or Odyssey are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Edit: also, answer my message

Yeah, most likely will not happen. Though MK8D did get three updates last year, adding labo suport, then Breath of the Wild Link. Hopefully they see the long term success of the game and decide to provide free new content, though I'm not holding my breath.

And about the top 50 games: I'm sorry. I tried my best to make a list, and for the second year in a row I failed at doing so. It's just ridiculously hard to make one. Next year I'm not gonna sign up altogether cause I dont intend to cause further trouble. Once again, my bad.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Nothing is going to pass MK8D. it is 25 to 30 million range game LT.
I see Mario kart '9' on switch only if they decide to go VR, with a switch VR revision and use MK to sell it. Would still the most popular VR game yet, but wont go drop MK8D sales.