By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Make a realistic January 2018 Direct

After today, I'm just kind of sitting back with a confused look on my face. Are they planning on pulling a MK8:DX with Yoshi's Crafted World where it's released so late in one month that it's used to fill the release gap for the following month as well?

Around the Network

Welp, it seems like my speculation was right. Late March for Yoshi. I remember someone saying it would come out after FE because it's a 2D platformer coming out after a 2D Mario....

So FE is definitely May. Again I expected this. Nintendo does it a lot: a late release in the month to count for two months.

However, I didn't expect so many announcements before a direct ... hopefully there is one.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Welp, it seems like my speculation was right. Late March for Yoshi. I remember someone saying it would come out after FE because it's a 2D platformer coming out after a 2D Mario....

So FE is definitely May. Again I expected this. Nintendo does it a lot: a late release in the month to count for two months.

However, I didn't expect so many announcements before a direct ... hopefully there is one.

How does that point to May for FE? Why not April or June?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:

How does that point to May for FE? Why not April or June?

It isn't going to be April because Yoshi is going to be used in the same way Kirby and Mario Kart were ... it will be a holdover title that accounts for at least two months. 

As for why I don't think it will be June ... Fire Emblem has been shown more than any other major release from Nintendo BESIDES Yoshi for the year 2019, and we still have Town, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 3 and Pokemon as major releases for the rest of the year. I think that with the way Nintendo would spread out their releases, FE releasing before the 2nd half of the year makes sense. I guess an early June release is possible ... but I think it's more likely for a May release that holds people over till a big summer release. 

Dulfite said:

I don't know how I missed it but you're right! I stand corrected!

Lol xD Didn't mean it in a mean way! It's no problem. 

I almost thought you meant something else by unveiled too, like showing off things in-depth, but then I saw that you described the same thing of Luigi's Mansion 3 and I was confused. Hey, at least it means we get the game sooner! 

How true!