By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - Movies to watch

Shadow1980 said:
The entire MCU, the new Star Wars films (don't listen to the haters: The Last Jedi was great), and The Dark Knight trilogy are where I'd start if you're wanting big blockbuster spectacle that's consistently good.

I also loved the last jedi, in my opinion is much deeper and better than the force awakens...

Also I was rly against MCU (bc i found iron man a bit boring) but I watched thor ragnarok and avengers last year and they were great

Around the Network

The Last Jedi is garbage.

Edit: also, Thor Ragnarok is the most overrated film of the decade.

mZuzek said:

The Last Jedi is garbage.

Edit: also, Thor Ragnarok is the most overrated film of the decade.

Well it was better than what I was expecting for a marvel movie... And the last jedi in my opinion is much better than episode I, II and VII 

Clank said:
mZuzek said:

Thor Ragnarok is the most overrated film of the decade.

Well it was better than what I was expecting for a marvel movie

I don't know what your expectations for Marvel movies are or how many (and which) you've seen, but Thor Ragnarok, to me, was exactly everything I'd expect from the average Marvel movie. A fun time with good humor, crazy spectacle, and very little memorable storytelling. It's fine, yeah, but it's nothing special and nowhere near Marvel's best offerings - those being Winter Soldier, Black Panther, Infinity War, and both Guardians films.

Since this is turning into another The Last Jedi debate, I'm just gonna drop in and say: It's fuckin' terrible. Didn't see it in the theater, but bought it on Blu-Ray. Yuck. I would have felt better about where my money went if I had made a donation to NAMBLA. I was going to give it to a local library, but do not want to contribute to it's proliferation in any way. Currently deciding if I should microwave it, or throw it directly in the trash.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
COKTOE said:

Since this is turning into another The Last Jedi debate, I'm just gonna drop in and say: It's fuckin' terrible. Didn't see it in the theater, but bought it on Blu-Ray. Yuck. I would have felt better about where my money went if I had made a donation to NAMBLA. I was going to give it to a local library, but do not want to contribute to it's proliferation in any way. Currently deciding if I should microwave it, or throw it directly in the trash.

Be a nice person and give it to someone who likes it, unless you don't know anyone that is. Personally, I know plenty of people who love that trash, so I'm assuming you do as well.

mZuzek said:
COKTOE said:

Be a nice person and give it to someone who likes it, unless you don't know anyone that is. Personally, I know plenty of people who love that trash, so I'm assuming you do as well.

I have but one friend IRL who liked TLJ, and he lives approximately 1200 miles away. I won't be seeing him for another 6-12 months either. So it basically boils down to donating it to the library, microwaving a blu-ray, possibly for the first time in human history, or tossing it.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
mZuzek said:

I have but one friend IRL who liked TLJ, and he lives approximately 1200 miles away. I won't be seeing him for another 6-12 months either. So it basically boils down to donating it to the library, microwaving a blu-ray, possibly for the first time in human history, or tossing it.

Well in that case, donating to the library would probably be the most sensible thing to do.

...Do show us what it looks like post-microwave.

I love The Last Jedi. I love its tone. I love its message. I love the characters. I really like the ending. Can't wait for the exciting conclusion in Episode IX. I do believe some people's hang ups with the film are political, and I agree it is a bit heavy handed in that department...but crazy times call for crazy measures.

Dark Knight is where i will start. The dark Atmosphare Looks great on the trailer.