By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Nintendo Direct Thread (10th January currently rumoured)

MasonADC said:

zorg1000 said:

Nope, they arent showing off the new Pokemon games until May at the earliest.

Pokemon OR/AS-May 7, 2014

Pokemon S/M-May 10, 2016

Pokemon US/UM-June 6, 2017

Pokemon Let's Go-May 30, 2018

Sun and moon was February and XY was January. If not this month, 100% before the end of the fiscal year 

You are right about S/M.

But look at the trend, if there is a Pokemon game the previous holiday than they go with a May/June reveal. If they dont have a Pokemon game in the previous holiday they reveal in Jan/Feb.

Holiday 2018 had a Pokemon game so a May/June reveal is more likely.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
zorg1000 said:

Vague announcement doesnt mean anything and you have no idea how long or costly development time is for either game.

Vague announcement doesn't necessarily mean anything but it more than likely means a game is very early in development, which was further implied by what has been said about these games since and how nothing has been shown yet. We also know nothing about their budget or time demands, but it's as simple as looking back to the Prime Trilogy and the two Bayonetta games we've had so far to see that these are supposed to be high-profile releases that do require a good amount of time and money to make, there is no reason why Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 wouldn't follow suit and in fact nothing so far has indicated they wouldn't.

In fact, I suggest you go back to Nintendo's 2017 E3 presentation and watch the Prime 4 announcement. Yes, they say "now in development for Nintendo Switch", which does imply it's early in development (never mind Reggie later stating they purposefully showed the game earlier than usual to appease fans), but what I really want you to take note of is what comes right after it. It was a new game announcement with plenty of gameplay going on and all - that game was Yoshi's Crafted World, which is only set to release this year. I don't think the Yoshi game with loads of gameplay shown and the "logo and a 4" trailer were just a few months apart.

A holiday 2019 release is 2.5 years after the reveal and Yoshi is a bad example because it was originally supposed to release in 2018 but got delayed.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
MasonADC said:

Sun and moon was February and XY was January. If not this month, 100% before the end of the fiscal year 

You are right about S/M.

But look at the trend, if there is a Pokemon game the previous holiday than they go with a May/June reveal. If they dont have a Pokemon game in the previous holiday they reveal in Jan/Feb.

Holiday 2018 had a Pokemon game so a May/June reveal is more likely.

I still don’t see it. They need time to hype up this generation. They absolutely will reveal it before the end of the fiscal year. This might be the biggest Pokémon title ever mind you 

MasonADC said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Why would they do that right after the holidays with Pokemon Let's Go still selling?

Not sure, they revealed XY literally the second week of january(the 8th) while BW2 was still selling 

Wait did they announce them or "reveal" them? Also did they come with directs or videos? 

Cause I wouldn't be surprised if they just like released the title or logo but I don't see much else. 

PwerlvlAmy said:
We'll get one but It wont have anything new, much like everyone else has already said it will go over the 2019 titles we know about and get the vague ''launch window'' month/season it will launch in. I stopped expecting anything of substance from these after the last 3 or 4 ND's

I dont think there has ever been a Direct without new game announcements with the exception of game specific Directs.

Around the Network
MasonADC said:

Not sure, they revealed XY literally the second week of january(the 8th) while BW2 was still selling 

Wait did they announce them or "reveal" them? Also did they come with directs or videos? 

Cause I wouldn't be surprised if they just like released the title or logo but I don't see much else. 

Yeah, X and Y were revealed during a Pokemon Direct in January. They showed actual gameplay footage, the starters, and the legendary Pokemon.

You might be thinking of Sun and Moon, which were announced in February but not revealed until May.

Now this seems more believable, with the list being a lil on the small side. I think maybe a few more bite size showings will be happening in the next direct.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

StarDoor said:

Yeah, X and Y were revealed during a Pokemon Direct in January. They showed actual gameplay footage, the starters, and the legendary Pokemon.

You might be thinking of Sun and Moon, which were announced in February but not revealed until May.

Oh ok, so there is some likely hood of it being revealed so soon? Things you learn in a day. 

I just want FE in the first half of 2019!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I only care about updates on Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy 7 and X, and Animal Crossing.
Perhaps Dragon Quest, I'm a big Dragon Quest fan, but I'd have honestly preferred the 2D version. I wasn't a big fan of Dragon Quest 8, it was slow, poorly paced, and desolate feeling compared to all the other Dragon Quest games; and from PS4 owners that have played it, this is the feeling I get about DQ11 as well... it doesn't help that DQ11 looks like a clone of DQ8 - I hope I'm wrong, I don't want to fall out of love with this franchise the way I did with FF.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.