By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo January Direct Leak? CONFIRMED FAKE (amusing still)

Emotions

Lies! 1 11.11%

LIES! 0 0%

LIIIIIEEESSS!!!!!!!!! 6 66.67%

It's the truth I tell ya! 0 0%

If half these are true, Nintendo wins 2019. 1 11.11%

The Playstation 6 is doomed! 1 11.11%

Total:9

Saw this hours ago but no one here talking about it (unless I missed the thread)

https://www.ign.com/boards/threads/nintendo-direct-1-10-19-leak.455268011/
BY Waluigifan19

"I will not specify where I work, but I have seen this Direct early. Nintendo will announce it on January 9, 2018, on their Twitter page. It will air at 6pm EST and will be 45 minutes long. 

The Direct begins with a big announcement: Super Mario Maker 2.0. for the Switch. The game will come with a free stylus for handheld play, and the Switch gyroscope will be used for TV play. There will be new parts to use, a style to make your level look like Super Mario 64 if it was in 2D, and a new mode where you must finish an unfinished level with a limited set of parts to complete it. The game will release in Summer 2019. 

Our host in this Direct is Shinya Takahashi again, and he says that we will move on to 3DS headlines. 

There is nothing too special in this section. Kirby’s Extra Epic Yarn has some new announcements, and so does Yo-Kai Watch 3. Persona Q2 will be coming to the USA, and Mario and Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story + Bowser Jr’s Journey gets a quick reminder. Finally, a remake of the original F-Zero is announced for Spring. They announce that this will be the final Nintendo game for the Nintendo 3DS, and that it will be discontinued this year. 

Next, the Switch headlines begin:

First, we have a new update to Splatoon 2, with the usual update stuff. New SplatGear, a new map, etc.

Next, Street Fighter V is coming to Switch as a port in April.

Mario Tennis Aces gets an update that adds Dixie Kong, Professor E. Gadd, and Cappy. 

The rest of the Genesis Sonic games will join Sega Genesis Classics on the eShop throughout 2019, as well as several more miscellaneous Genesis games. Then, as a surprise, Dreamcast games will start joining the Classics, starting with Sonic Adventure and Jet Set Radio. Sega Dreamcast Classics will begin in May 2019.

The Wonderful 101 will be the next Wii U to Switch port, set for Fall. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe also gets a reminder.

Finally, we will get a new trailer for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. 

We will have some new Joycon colors announced, and the January NES NSO games are: Super Mario Bros. 2, Kirby’s Adventure, and Castlevania. Netflix will also finally be coming to the Switch!!! After this, more Switch headlines begin:

Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee has a quick announcement from the developers. They say that they will add more generations of Pokémon, but they have just begun development, so no gameplay footage is shown.

Next, Overwatch is announced to be coming to the Switch, and if you buy the Nintendo Switch version, you will get exclusive Nintendo outfits. More will be added, but they will begin with Samus for Pharah and Donkey Kong for Winston. 

Super Mario Party will get an update that adds two new boards: Haunted Mansion and Jungle Adventure. 

In preparation for Mortal Kombat 11 on Switch, Mortal Kombat X will come too, a month before 11. 

Borderlands: The Human Collection will be ported to the Switch in April.

Fortnite: Save The World will be a surprise announcement for the day the Direct happens.

The Sims 4 will get a Switch port for the Summer.

Yoshi’s Crafted World gets a release date of April and will launch with an amiibo of Yoshi in a papercraft house.

Daemon X Machina gets a release date of July.

We have three indie games shown off for the Switch: a new Shantae, Shovel Knight: King of Cards, and Deltarune (The first console release).

Fire Emblem: Three Houses gets a release date of May.

Assassin’s Creed: The Ezio Collection is announced for Summer. 

Doom Eternal is shown off, along with an announcement of Fallout 3 with no release date. 

The same teaser for Persona 5 R that was shown for the PS4 will premiere in English, confirming that something Persona 5 related is coming to the Switch besides Joker in Smash. 

Grand Theft Auto V will come to the Switch in the summer.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5., 2.5., 2.8, 358/2 Days, Re: Coded, and KH3 will all come to the Switch throughout the year, similar to the barrage of Final Fantasy games.

Metroid Prime 4 will get a short cinematic teaser, that just shows Samus and Sylux battling.

We go back to Shinya Takahashi. He says his goodbyes, but has one final announcement for us. 

We spend about a minute looking over a beautiful landscape, when suddenly, we zoom into a plant- and there is Captain Olimar with his Pikmin. PIKMIN 4, BABY! 

Also, in Nintendo Treehouse Live, we get the brief announcement of the Pikmin Legacy Collection, a collection of Pikmin, Pikmin 2, and Pikmin 3. 

So that is going to be the Nintendo Direct on January 10, 2019. Any questions will be answered below. I do not want Nintendo finding out who or where I am, so I am not sharing my role. WaluigiFan Out!"

EDIT****** Confirmed fake by original post.

https://oystatic.ignimgs.com/src/xenforo/styles/default/xenforo/gradients/form-button-white-25px.png) center top repeat-x #ffeed9;">Rawky-Roo said: 
Laxchris is a hack. Why would you even want to be associated?
So I can hate on him once he makes a video about my rumor.

But yeah, I did a pretty shit job. However, I was actually parodying other bad leaks, which explains why there’s so much shit on here that could never actually be true
Last edited by Dulfite - on 02 January 2019

Around the Network

Dont post Nintendo Direct leaks, there are literally "leaks" every day and they are always wrong.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Also announcing Mario Maker 3 days before NSMBU releases doesnt make any sense at all.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Street Fighter 5 makes this an obvious fake. Not going to read further than that

zorg1000 said:
Dont post Nintendo Direct leaks, there are literally "leaks" every day and they are always wrong.

What's the harm? They are entertaining to look at, at least. Not like anyone is hurt by posting something like this. I find it pretty funny reading this list, to be honest! People can use a good laugh!

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
zorg1000 said:

What's the harm? They are entertaining to look at, at least. Not like anyone is hurt by posting something like this. I find it pretty funny reading this list, to be honest! People can use a good laugh!

Because it sets a precedent to make a thread for every Nintendo Direct leak, maybe we could make a dedicated thread for all ND leaks.

This was confirmed to be false. By the og poster.

zorg1000 said:
Dulfite said:

Because it sets a precedent to make a thread for every Nintendo Direct leak, maybe we could make a dedicated thread for all ND leaks.

And what, exactly, is the problem with more threads? Isn't it healthy for a site to have more posts? With one mega thread, people tend to post less because their comments get lost in a sea of thousands of posts, not appreciated by hardly anyone. I just don't get the negativity of having a thread for whatever people want. The more threads = more people are talking, more clicks for the website to see all the juicy threads, etc.

lol, this is some Nintendo fan's wet dream. And the second that "In preparation for Mortal Kombat 11 on Switch, Mortal Kombat X will come too, a month before 11. " happened...nope.1 month before? Does that even make sense? Next.

Edit: And KH3 comes to Switch throughout the year along with a crapton of other KH games? lmfao. They could barely get DQXI out for Switch in a timely fashion. We think KH3 is coming the same year? This is so rich.

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 02 January 2019

Good call, saw this just now in the OG thread, thanks!

OTBWY said:
This was confirmed to be false. By the og poster.
https://oystatic.ignimgs.com/src/xenforo/styles/default/xenforo/gradients/form-button-white-25px.png) center top repeat-x #ffeed9;">Rawky-Roo said: 
Laxchris is a hack. Why would you even want to be associated?
So I can hate on him once he makes a video about my rumor.

But yeah, I did a pretty shit job. However, I was actually parodying other bad leaks, which explains why there’s so much shit on here that could never actually be true