By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (NakeyJakey) Rockstar's game design is outdated

flashfire926 said:
Ganoncrotch said:
some context OP please, who is this? is it you? In all honesty qq about a game or a developer who spends millions and billions on their games and takes time (normally 5+ years per title) on the games I really think they're the last people in the games industry that anyone should be trying to fire shit at, at least with Rockstar if you've got an issue with them as a game creator you don't have to put up with their games launching every other month and clogging up the bargain bins of local goodwills etc.

Just in terms of devs to gun for... Rockstar really wouldn't be the first to get attention in my opinion and this just seems like a video dropped to try to get some "oh no it isn't" views from people who just picked up what will likely be a candidate for game of the gen.

No one is flinging shit anywhere. And I even just said, GTA 5 is in my top 5 games of all time. Games such as GTA PS2 trilogy, Midnight Club 3, and more would make it on that list too. Infact I would be the first person here to step up and defend rockstar, as they seldom ever let me down.

And Did you even watch the video? Its not one of your typical hot take videos made for the sole reason of gathering clicks (I hate those too). 

I didn't, that's why I was asking for context of the video link, is it you in the vid? the OP mentions a name of the creator but not if the creator is the OP.

The title of the video alone is clickbaiting in terms of suggesting a billion dollar companies game design is outdated.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
flashfire926 said:

No one is flinging shit anywhere. And I even just said, GTA 5 is in my top 5 games of all time. Games such as GTA PS2 trilogy, Midnight Club 3, and more would make it on that list too. Infact I would be the first person here to step up and defend rockstar, as they seldom ever let me down.

And Did you even watch the video? Its not one of your typical hot take videos made for the sole reason of gathering clicks (I hate those too). 

I didn't, that's why I was asking for context of the video link, is it you in the vid? the OP mentions a name of the creator but not if the creator is the OP.

The title of the video alone is clickbaiting in terms of suggesting a billion dollar companies game design is outdated.

No its not me. I think its pretty obvious where I say "I agree".

Yeah the video title is definitely a bit clickbait, but past that I think the video presents a very good argument.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

I have seen it before,Great video
I thinks this is The tax of 8 years of development,anyway The game may have problems but most of them didn't effect me,even The gun play and the control was fun
Seriously best Game i Have Ever Played
I'm curious what they will do with their next game and i hope it's Bully 2

Great game overall for me,the only negative i have were slow animations when i needed to be fast reacting for gunfights.

Great video from that guy. Thanks for sharing.

People shoudl watch before commenting, honestly it makes some valid points, which would be so easy for Rockstar to do.

I think if Rockstar listened to that and looked back at their older games like GTA 3 like he mentioned, the next RDR or GTA game could potentially get an avg of 99

Around the Network
flashfire926 said:
CladInShadows said:
I can't watch the video yet, so I could be missing some big points, but the title bothers me. It implies that good game design can expire, and that new game design is automatically better.

Well, the title is not very indicative of whats in the video actually. I guess you could "conflicting" game design. They have crafted this huge beautiful huge open world, but the missions are surprisingly restrictive, even more linear than your uncharteds/TLOUs.

I guess "outdated" here means that there is way more competition in the open world sector than five years ago, and more games do missions/quests simply much better.

Yeah, I'll be watching the video, but since it's a long one, I need 40 minutes of uninterrupted time, which I am finding myself with less and less of. My original point still stands.  I guess it just doesn't apply to this video.

Watched this before the thread was even a thing. I originally felt like making this thread, but I more or less had a feeling that it wouldn't gain much traction or be noticed as much, simply because it's R* and RDR2. No matter what R* do, they would be seen as "master crafters" of the open world genre, despite being quite behind and dated.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Watched this before the thread was even a thing. I originally felt like making this thread, but I more or less had a feeling that it wouldn't gain much traction or be noticed as much, simply because it's R* and RDR2. No matter what R* do, they would be seen as "master crafters" of the open world genre, despite being quite behind and dated.

You should've He perfectly highlights all my issues with the game that I tried stating in the rdr2 thread

Baddman said:
Chazore said:

You should've He perfectly highlights all my issues with the game that I tried stating in the rdr2 thread

I know, but it's me. Looking back on all the threads I've created, they just die within a day or two, sometimes a few hrs. I've more or less given u on creating threads for a site that doesn't care.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Baddman said:

I know, but it's me. Looking back on all the threads I've created, they just die within a day or two, sometimes a few hrs. I've more or less given u on creating threads for a site that doesn't care.

Unless it's some big news, non-Nintendo and non-Sony related threads dont really get any traction here.

edit: threads about any western third party game are dead from the get-go, unfortunately.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.