By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What games can surpass RDR2 and BotW as the highest rated current generation game?

Wow this thread ended up worse than I could possibly imagine.

No one even said the correct answer: Knack 3

Around the Network

If it can put some perspective, BOTW was rated 98 before the review of Jimquisition, which since was "banned" from Metacritic. So this thread is pointless, at least it shouldn't focus only on RDR2

Well played OP by implying and setting the next conditions
- switch isnt current gen
- cherrypicking by removing nintendo games from the equation

People this is class A bait

And of course the users posting history in general should have given you a warning

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I thought BotW was highest rated game anyway this Gen? Anyways obvious Games are Next zelda, 3d mario, TLoU2 , GTA6 or Eldar scolls VI. GTA 6 ans Eldars though i think is a next gen game

Wait i just checked, BOTW GTA5 SMO and RDR2 are all rated the same (97) so why you just cherry picked Red dead OP?

Around the Network

Only another Rockstar game.

OTBWY said:

These earlier games surpass it. Other games after it will too.

Can't believe how high GTA 4 is on that list.... I love GTA but 4 is trash.....

tripenfall said:
OTBWY said:

These earlier games surpass it. Other games after it will too.

Actually, GTA IV is even higher on Metacritic

Mnementh said:
WhatATimeToBeAlive said:

But that is not from Metacritic, but from Gamerankings. Metacritic also has more reviews. Was that a "stealthy" attempt to spread disinformation? I remember that during RDR2 launch you also had some "problems" accepting the fact that RDR2 is the highest rated game of this generation. 

But isn't your title misleading then? You only use Metacritic as source, exclude GTA V for ... reasons and use only one version of the game? Shouldn't the title be: What games can surpass the XBox One version of RDR2 as the on Metacritic highest rated current generation game excluding cross gen titles like GTA V?

Do you really think that that would be a good thread title? Isn't it a "bit" long? You could only see a part of it on the main page, so you wouldn't know what the thread is about. And I state in my first sentence that it's based on Metacritic. I wouldn't count GTA V as current generation because it was first released on last gen consoles.

"The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

- Single-player Game

SKMBlake said:
tripenfall said:

Actually, GTA IV is even higher on Metacritic

For some reason I cannot even get into GTAV.  Bought it twice, never played more than 5 hours.

GTAIV however I finished not once, but twice.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261