By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales Week 51 Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - December 17-23, 2018

curl-6 said:
tak13 said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8919651

Read that and shut up! 

Already read it. You've always been a fanatical advocate for the 3DS and I think you just don't like that it's dying and that the Switch is likely to go on to be much more successful than it.

I apologize for the''shut up".

So, I know something better than you or other people. 

Keep provoking me...

We're in media create thread ( not widely but merely successful then). 

Show me something that I have written in that thread   which really proves what you accuse me for.

Last edited by tak13 - on 27 December 2018

Around the Network
tak13 said:
curl-6 said:

Already read it. You've always been a fanatical advocate for the 3DS and I think you just don't like that it's dying and that the Switch is likely to go on to be much more successful than it.

Keep provoking me...

We're in media create thread, show me something that I have written here that proves what you accuse me for.

Apology accepted.

Others have already addressed this at length, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to compare sales curves between a system that's still full price, (30,000 Yen I believe) to one that got a big price cut early on and at this point in its life was half the Switch's price. Naturally the Switch, having yet to receive any price cuts or hardware revisions, won't have hit its stride yet. Once these arrive, things are going to get better for the Switch, not worse.

curl-6 said:
tak13 said:

Keep provoking me...

We're in media create thread, show me something that I have written here that proves what you accuse me for.

Apology accepted.

Others have already addressed this at length, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to compare sales curves between a system that's still full price, (30,000 Yen I believe) to one that got a big price cut early on and at this point in its life was half the Switch's price. Naturally the Switch, having yet to receive any price cuts or hardware revisions, won't have hit its stride yet. Once these arrive, things are going to get better for the Switch, not worse.

Then why we do that when it comes to West? Eh?

It is a hybrid system, its price shouldn't be a disadvantage but sadly it is, because some Japanese people don't give a f@ck for home gaming on tv and view it as a handheld- only console at an exorbitant price, therefore there's need for an NS lite. 

What I'm insisting is that 3ds price point isn't a real advantage, it would be if NS was only a portable console. 

NS sales in the west support that! 

The turning point of 3ds sales was a huge price cut in the early life of the console.
That thing was outsold by PSP lol.

tak13 said:
curl-6 said:

Apology accepted.

It is a hybrid system, its price shouldn't be a disadvantage but sadly it is, because some Japanese people don't give a f@ck for home gaming on tv and view it as a handheld- only console at an exorbitant price, therefore there's need for an NS lite. 

What I'm insisting is that 3ds price point isn't a real advantage, it would be if NS was only a portable console. 

You're simply in denial if you refuse to accept that being half another product's price is a major advantage. You really think 3DS would've sold the same if it had sold for $300 for the first two years of its life? It couldn't even sell up to Nintendo's expectations at $250, it needed an emergency cut to $170 just to get off the ground.

Around the Network
tak13 

curl-6 said:
tak13 said:

You're simply in denial if you refuse to accept that being half another product's price is a major advantage. You really think 3DS would've sold the same if it had sold for $300 for the first two years of its life? It couldn't even sell up to Nintendo's expectations at $250, it needed an emergency cut to $170 just to get off the ground.

Yes, if it was a hybrid console, perhaps somewhat more! ( except Japan ) 

tak13 said: 
curl-6 said:

Yes, if it was a hybrid console!

It wasn't though, and that can't be proven. As it happened, 3DS had mediocre sales even at $250 and had to be half Switch's price just to sell well. By this point in its life, 3DS had already played the price cut and hardware revision cards. Switch hasn't yet, so Switch has more room to grow from here than 3DS did.

tak13 said:
curl-6 said:

Keep provoking me...

We're in media create thread ( not widely but merely successful then). 

Show me something that I have written in that thread   which really proves what you accuse me for.

The only one doing any provoking is you

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

tak13 said:
curl-6 said:

Apology accepted.

Because the west and Japan are not the same.

3DS did AMAZING in Japan becoming the 3rd best selling platform of all time. In the west it did well but not great, it's not in the top 10 in America or Europe.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

curl-6 said:
tak13 said: 

Yes, if it was a hybrid console, perhaps somewhat more! ( except Japan).

It wasn't though, and that can't be proven. As it happened, 3DS had mediocre sales even at $250 and had to be half Switch's price just to sell well. By this point in its life, 3DS had already played the price cut and hardware revision cards. Switch hasn't yet, so Switch has more room to grow from here than 3DS did.

I just expressed a concern, which has been intensified from the fact that I was confirmed about its sales in December, always compared to 3ds.

I'm pretty sure that you belong to the majority that was expecting NS selling 350k+ in week 51 and surpassing 7m by the end of 2018. 

As for the bolded, I agree, haven't you distinguished that from my posts regarding NS lite?