By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN Game of the Year announced!

ResilientFighter said:
Naughty Dog and Santa Monica are Sony's Golden Gods they really should consider buying insomniac so they can say they own 4 of the top 10 developers of the world,sucker punch is amazing but until ghosts of tsushima isn't released to high praise like guerilla games horizon dawn they are still top 20 at best.

God of War is so good its like eating that 100 dollar cheesecake you only see at weddings or rich parties lol

Sucker punch and guerrilla games will have words with you.

I commend SP for pulling off Infamous SS as a launch title and I know GoT will be their magnum opus. And GG for well, being GG and also joining the ranks of having made at least one 10M selling game with Horizon.

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
Toastboy says at 1:29: "I've never really liked Kerotan as a character." Fair enough....But really, what games was he playing? I've always found him, at the very least, interesting, and at best, totally engaging, and a character who I really wanted to guide to his narrative conclusion. Possibly the greatest anti-hero in chartz history. Passionate in achieving his goals, capable of callous, almost mechanical death-dealing, but plagued by suffering and regret. Plus he banged whoors until ornaments fell off the walls.

Fixed. 

Intrinsic said:
ResilientFighter said:
Naughty Dog and Santa Monica are Sony's Golden Gods they really should consider buying insomniac so they can say they own 4 of the top 10 developers of the world,sucker punch is amazing but until ghosts of tsushima isn't released to high praise like guerilla games horizon dawn they are still top 20 at best.

God of War is so good its like eating that 100 dollar cheesecake you only see at weddings or rich parties lol

Sucker punch and guerrilla games will have words with you.

I commend SP for pulling off Infamous SS as a launch title and I know GoT will be their magnum opus. And GG for well, being GG and also joining the ranks of having made at least one 10M selling game with Horizon.

Horizon is my second favorite game of the gen, so i will put GG at the level of those two too. What GG did with Horizon as a new IP, launching at the same time as Zelda BOTW and the Switch, and still being number two in GOTY votes and became most probably the best selling new exclusive IP since Halo Combat Evolved for the original XBOX is amazing. For SP i'm still waiting for Ghosts of Tsushima, because i don't think they have showed a level close to ND or SSM yet, but i have great expectations with GoT so i they will reach their level too.

colafitte said:

My game of the year, so becuase they think like me they're great!!, if not, they would be trash....of course.

I predicted this would happen when RDR 2 launched with a 97 metacritic. I ranted then that i thought it was overrated and the press untrustworthy, and that it will be like 2013 again with TLOU and GTA V, and after the game awards this became pretty clear.

TLoU got robbed that year.

Kerotan said:

And the winner is *epic Icelandic drumroll please*.......... God of Boy of Dad of War of Game of Year!

Yes Boiiiiiz another one for GOW. I see polygon gave it to GOW today as well. 

Watch the video, it's epic. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drOg3XJ9NK0

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1076176314619580417?s=19

Awesome! Gratulation @ The God of War

ResilientFighter said:

So true. Cant wait of "Ghost of Tsushima". the first two trailer are truly unbelievable.

(Gameplay) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqMKxmaQlI4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctlCwPg79dU

Love it, one of my Dream-Games in future. With "The Last of Us 2" :)
estebxx said:
Havent played Red 2 and Spidey so i cant comment on GOTY yet, but so far GOW was the best game i played this year.

Its time : D But too many awesome games in the last months. And next month in january, the next big new games are coming (Kingdom Hearts 3 & Resident Evil 2 Remake) oO

Around the Network

delete

Deserved. In hindsight, GoW is awesome, RDR2, why exactly did I waste so much time on this game. Not that that's a bad thing, just zero compulsion to start it up again which I already did with GoW.

COKTOE said:
Homeboy says at 1:29: "I've never really liked Kratos as a character." Fair enough....But really, what games was he playing? I've always found him, at the very least, interesting, and at best, totally engaging, and a character who I really wanted to guide to his narrative conclusion. Possibly the greatest anti-hero in gaming history. Passionate in achieving his goals, capable of callous, almost mechanical death-dealing, but plagued by suffering and regret. Plus he banged whoors until ornaments fell off the walls.

You should watch a video on YouTube called God of War was always Great you cowards by a guy with 21k subscribers and has like 250k views. He reveals journalistic integrity of the gaming press.

TL; DR gaming journalist who says he never liked Kratos before admits that he never played the past games and is going by general sentiments. The video has clips where Kratos is more than an angry dude to prove who he really was.

colafitte said:

My game of the year, so becuase they think like me they're great!!, if not, they would be trash....of course.

I predicted this would happen when RDR 2 launched with a 97 metacritic. I ranted then that i thought it was overrated and the press untrustworthy, and that it will be like 2013 again with TLOU and GTA V, and after the game awards this became pretty clear.

Last year super mario odyssey score was 97 but Horizon zero dawn with 88 metacritic doubled it in GOTY Awards,so does this mean Super mario odyssey is overrated? Or even persona 5?

God of War is an amazing game, not as good as God of War 3 but still an amazing game.
RDR 2 is my favourite game this year though. Its the best game of this gen and among my top 3 favourite games of all time. Understandable why Polygon in particular didn't give it game of the year, as its not politically correct in any way and God of War's entire development team including Cory Barlog are SJW's and pandering to the leftist journalists.

⚠️ WARNED: Other (also for this) ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 21 December 2018