By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ys IX: Monstrum Nox announced for PS4

Great news, hopefully it eventually comes to Switch.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

Oh wow, and I haven't even played Ys 8 because it's being sold at insanely high prices (the physical ps4 version).

Nice! Another Ys game to add to my PlayStation library.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
twintail said:
Wonder if NISA will try get a port for Switch done again.

Was honestly surprised they didn't announce it for the Switch from the get-go considering the last game in the franchise got a Switch port and it's crucial market is Japan ...

Cant wait to play this one, want slightly lesser dialogue than the previous one.
Did not expect a sequel already

Around the Network

Makes sense since Ys VIII sold poorly on the Switch. Maybe they'll port this one after a year as well but nice addition for the PS4. Falcom knows where their fanbase is for these games, much like the Trails games. Sony and Falcom have a pretty good relationship and history with these types of franchises.

Day one!

Oh man I am so hyped. Time to update my most wanted list ;)

Switch sales don't seem that different overall in Japan tbh. 30k (Switch) vs 80k (PS4) but the first figure is half a year vs the second being one year and a half. Honestly just seems like they dont have the resources to make a simultaneous port release, either that or they assessed the situation and found going with the PS4 only to be more cost effective and more important (which it is).

Ys 8 was the first game in the series I ever played, and that's because it came to Switch. I thought Ys 8 was excellent, so while I don't want to clog up this announcement thread with "pls come to Switch", I do have to join the chorus of people hoping this game makes it to more formats. Good news for Ys fans and PS4 owners, though.