By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ys IX: Monstrum Nox announced for PS4

Great to see that 3rd party japanese support continue

Around the Network

Ys 8 was pure awesomeness, realy looking foward to this one.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Switch sales don't seem that different overall in Japan tbh. 30k (Switch) vs 80k (PS4) but the first figure is half a year vs the second being one year and a half. Honestly just seems like they dont have the resources to make a simultaneous port release, either that or they assessed the situation and found going with the PS4 only to be more cost effective and more important (which it is).

Looking at the platforms Falcom produces for would tell you what you need to know.

They prioritise PS , and even PC over all other platforms. 

They have rarely ever supported a Nintendo device

twintail said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Switch sales don't seem that different overall in Japan tbh. 30k (Switch) vs 80k (PS4) but the first figure is half a year vs the second being one year and a half. Honestly just seems like they dont have the resources to make a simultaneous port release, either that or they assessed the situation and found going with the PS4 only to be more cost effective and more important (which it is).

Looking at the platforms Falcom produces for would tell you what you need to know.

They prioritise PS , and even PC over all other platforms. 

They have rarely ever supported a Nintendo device

True. As I said, they probably don't have Switch expertise in house. NIS is a different story though. I think NIS was behind the Switch port of VIII and the situation might turn out similar for this one.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

twintail said:
fatslob-:O said:

Was honestly surprised they didn't announce it for the Switch from the get-go considering the last game in the franchise got a Switch port and it's crucial market is Japan ...

Well we don't know what the game looks like. That said, Ys switch sold incredibly poorly in Japan, and Falcom are pretty much PS only Devs.

They seem to be heading into PC gaming a lot which is great. Still need to playbeat Trails of Cold Steel 2.

Around the Network
method114 said:
twintail said:

Well we don't know what the game looks like. That said, Ys switch sold incredibly poorly in Japan, and Falcom are pretty much PS only Devs.

They seem to be heading into PC gaming a lot which is great. Still need to playbeat Trails of Cold Steel 2.

they have always been into PC gaming.   Ys Vi was their first game on a PS console and that was ported yrs later

bring it to the west right meow, thanks

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Baddman said:
method114 said:

they have always been into PC gaming.   Ys Vi was their first game on a PS console and that was ported yrs later

Wouldn't say they've always been into PC gaming. They didn't start releasing games on PC until like 2012. Unless they released them somewhere other than Steam first.

method114 said:
Baddman said:

Wouldn't say they've always been into PC gaming. They didn't start releasing games on PC until like 2012. Unless they released them somewhere other than Steam first.

They're a very old studio I first learned about them yrs ago when I was doing research and I had an obsession with rpgs in my highschool yrs(tho i haven't played any of their games) don't want to go to off topic so I'll just link their wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nihon_Falcom  

Baddman said:

method114 said:

They're a very old studio I first learned about them yrs ago when I was doing research and I had an obsession with rpgs in my highschool yrs(tho i haven't played any of their games) don't want to go to off topic so I'll just link their wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nihon_Falcom  

Ah very nice. Yea looks like they actually started on PC. Very interesting to see their history. I got into the company about 3-4 years ago with Trails in the Sky series.