By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - SSBU now the fastest-selling Nintendo home console game of all time in Europe

Spanish SSBU launch week:

1 Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Switch 61.000 Nuevo
2 Pokémon Let's Go Switch 13.500 (126.000)
3 Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4 13.000 (263.500)
4 FIFA 19 PS4 12.000 (434.000)
5 Yo-Kai Watch 3 3DS 6000 Nuevo

Source: (in Spanish) https://vandal.elespanol.com/noticia/1350716717/ventas-espana-super-smash-bros-ultimate-y-pokemon-dominan/

Around the Network

Awesome! And so deserved, certainly the best Smash Bros game yet. Guess that 25 million prediction isn't quite as insane anymore.

So switch is a home console then. Also, awesome numbers for a game which definitely deserved it.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

So switch is a home console then. Also, awesome numbers for a game which definitely deserved it.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:

It's designation seems to be dependent on the agenda of whomever is making a statement.  

Of course, if Nintendo were smart, they'd declare that it breaks the "hybrid console" records constantly.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
pokoko said:

It's designation seems to be dependent on the agenda of whomever is making a statement.  

Of course, if Nintendo were smart, they'd declare that it breaks the "hybrid console" records constantly.

You can't break a record if there's no record that begin with it.

Yeah, and those records are being set by the Switch, so it can break its own records?  

Last edited by pokoko - on 18 December 2018

Mar1217 said:
AlbiNecroxz said:

Super Mario Odyssey sold 567k units first week in Europe, but I think that Pokémon LGPE sold more, like 650k/700k. That would brings Smash to sold around 850k units first week

All it said was "Best selling home console title in EU" not "Best selling console title in EU by X amount from the previous record holder"

We can only determine the floor but it's top is a total mystery until the next financial quarter meeting

You're right, that is my prediction based on sales news for Pokémon LGPE

Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

Well deserved! Ultimate is shaping up to be my favorite of the series.

Signature goes here!

Amazing job! Smashing lots of records across the world!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Ganoncrotch said:

I would not be surprised if someone still argues about that topic in Switch 4th year

Pocky Lover Boy!