By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: More eShop only Switch games from Nintendo in 2019

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
TheMisterManGuy said:

It's possible that they assumed it was a port from what little they saw of it. Just like how Ultimate was originally rumored to be a Smash 4 port before eventually being shown as a new game. Like I said, Rogers can only go by her sources, and they may not always tell the whole story. 

It helps that more eshop games is a safe prediction too. We actually had a lot of those on the 3DS and that had less digital sales. 

I mean yeah, The Switch's Joy-Con and mobile nature make it ripe for these types of games, the success of Snipperclips showed there's an audience for this stuff. And if we combine those with more new big mascot oriented IP ala ARMS, and more casual experiments like 1-2 Switch and Labo, Switch could have by far Nintendo's most inventive and experimental first party output since the DS. 

Around the Network

I mean its not some kind of big rumour, its expected in any case.

I find this far more interesting:
"2019 will be a very overwhelming year for Nintendo fans. There's still multiple games that haven't been announced yet.
Honestly, Nintendo could move multiple games to 2020, and it still wouldn't change much about 2019. It would still be a very packed year."

She was quite right about 2018. Switch lineup, at end of 2017. she said that Nintendo will in 2018. mostly relay on Wii U ports and 3rd party games than on new Nintendo games.

She was also the one who broke the first accurate details of the Switch, although Eurogamer went into way more depth. Both her and Eurogamer were called liars by a lot of people on this very forum claiming it was instead some powerful Polaris X86 thing, and that it was already proven to be the case; and they also called the Switch idea so stupid and opposite to Nintendo's plans (that they were experts on) that it couldn't possibly be true, also no way nVidia would ever work for Nintendo.

Someone on this forum kept posting videos of some American guy, I think it was that Real Tech USA guy, or whatever. One of those white American Nintendo youtubers (I say white to narrow it down, because the majority of Nintendo youtubers from the US seem to be black). Whoever it was, I just remember him being some arrogant prick =D

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
She was also the one who broke the first accurate details of the Switch, although Eurogamer went into way more depth. Both her and Eurogamer were called liars by a lot of people on this very forum claiming it was instead some powerful Polaris X86 thing, and that it was already proven to be the case; and they also called the Switch idea so stupid and opposite to Nintendo's plans (that they were experts on) that it couldn't possibly be true, also no way nVidia would ever work for Nintendo.

Someone on this forum kept posting videos of some American guy, I think it was that Real Tech USA guy, or whatever. One of those white American Nintendo youtubers (I say white to narrow it down, because the majority of Nintendo youtubers from the US seem to be black). Whoever it was, I just remember him being some arrogant prick =D

I also posted this on Reddit as well, and some people started accusing me of spreading fake rumors, claiming Rogers isn't a credible source because she got some things wrong. I mean, yeah, she got some things wrong, so did other credible sources. She's not perfect, but she's one of the most reliable insiders for Nintendo rumors.

Given its success I'm expecting a new title from the Snipperclips devs (wether it's Snipperclips 2 or a new IP), a new BoxBox game and, this is me wishing, a new Rhythm Heaven game

Around the Network

This is pretty obvious honestly...they just announced a increase of 105% on eShop sales over last year, of course they and the third parties will invest more on eShop games.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138