By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Random_Matt said:
Wonder if the ones wanting a 2nd ref have the the balls to put no deal on that ballot paper, probably not.

I don't see why not

The problem is more that if there's a choice between

• leaving with a deal
  • leaving without a deal
  • staying in the EU
that potentially none of them gets a majority, though most probably Staying would win the most.
If the choice would only be between Staying and No-deal, then I'm sure staying would win by a landslide. hence why the ERG wants to avoid a second referendum at all costs.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Random_Matt said:
Wonder if the ones wanting a 2nd ref have the the balls to put no deal on that ballot paper, probably not.

I don't see why not

• leaving with a deal
  • leaving without a deal
  • staying in the EU
that potentially none of them gets a majority, though most probably Staying would win the most.
If the choice would only be between Staying and No-deal, then I'm sure staying would win by a landslide. hence why the ERG wants to avoid a second referendum at all costs.

Nope, should be May's deal or no deal. Remainers lost, perhaps we should give losing football teams the points instead. Get more democracy in North Korea, time for me to evaluate employment abroad I think.

Random_Matt said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

I don't see why not

• leaving with a deal
  • leaving without a deal
  • staying in the EU

Nope, should be May's deal or no deal. Remainers lost, perhaps we should give losing football teams the points instead. Get more democracy in North Korea, time for me to evaluate employment abroad I think.

Remainers lost the vote 3 years ago, ok, true. May's deal lost both in January and 2 days ago. So that one got already a second vote, and you put in on the list for a even possible third vote (and all within 3 months, no less!), but it's undemocratic that the people get's a second vote? You know how hypocrite that sounds?

Why do Brexiteers have no problem it being voted in Parliament over and over and over again but staunchly refuse it getting to be voted by the people again? Do they feel at heart that their beloved Brexit is at risk being called of in the last second?

Random_Matt said:

eurosceptics lost the vote fair and square in 1975, why did they get a 2nd chance? their votes should be excluded from the 2016 ref

Lafiel said:
Random_Matt said:

eurosceptics lost the vote fair and square in 1975, why did they get a 2nd chance? their votes should be excluded from the 2016 ref

The past is irrelevant, in 2016 the electorate voted, it needs to be acted upon. How anyone can defend otherwise is full of it, immoral and probably should stop running their mouth.

Around the Network
Random_Matt said:
Lafiel said:

The past is irrelevant, in 2016 the electorate voted, it needs to be acted upon. How anyone can defend otherwise is full of it, immoral and probably should stop running their mouth.

How would you describe people that uphold the results of an advisory referendum in which the winning side has been proven and fined for overspending? A circumstance that would have automatically voided said referendum if it was binding and only doesn't, because it's "merely advisory".

immoral? full of it? running their mouths?

Bofferbrauer2 said:
JRPGfan said:
1st, They voted down the "deal" Theresa May presented, and had gotten with the EU.
2nd, They voted down the possibility of leaveing without a deal (ei. they MUST get a deal)

However the EU has told them, this is as good a deal as we re willing to make with you.
They have been clear with the UK, that this is it, its a take it or leave it situation.

Where does the UK go from here?

Do they crash out? Does Scotland declare independence (to stay in the EU)
Does northern Ireland unite (leaveing england, so its all just Ireland) so it can avoid a boarder?
Do they cancel Brexit? and say "screw it, lets just stay in".

The second deal is non-binding. And the EU has made it clear even after that vote that there will be no more talks.

But, like one of the independent MP put it:

"Apparently, it is democratic to let us vote on the same thing over and over and over and over again within 3 months, but also undemocratic to let the people have a second vote on the topic 3 years after the first one?"

At this point there are probably only 2 real options left: No deal or no Brexit. Anything in between has become very unlikely.

The thing is if the options are:
A) No deal (hard crash)
B)  No brexit at all (cancel the brexit thingy, ignore the peoples vote, stay in the EU)

Your left with only crappy options.

Option A)  Scotland + Ireland leave the UK (it wont be a united kingdom anymore, it ll just be little old england)
Option B) Cancel Brexit (best solution, scotland + ireland stay apart of the UK, it remains a united kingdom, you piss off the brits that voted leave)

This brexit vote was a horrible Idea.
It will likely tear their kingdom apart, and it comes with negative impacts on jobs/economy.
If you ignore the peoples vote, there will be riots on the streets.

Its lose-lose situation for the UK.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 14 March 2019

Ka-pi96 said:
JRPGfan said:

Option A)  Scotland + Ireland leave the UK (it wont be a united kingdom anymore, it ll just be little old england)

*cough* Wales is just a myth *cough*

England will probably keep them :p

Still the UK will break apart most likely from a hard brexit, and it ll just be England + Wales left.
People will have to stop calling it the UK (if scotland + ireland leave)

Ka-pi96 said:
JRPGfan said:

England will probably keep them :p

Still the UK will break apart most likely from a hard brexit, and it ll just be England + Wales left.
People will have to stop calling it the UK (if scotland + ireland leave)

Not really. The United Kingdom of England and Wales would still work, so it'd still be the UK.

Well, the problem with that is that the name The United Kingdom comes from the union of England and Scotland. They technically also own the Irish Crown, hence why Ireland is a republic, and why the full title of the UK is The Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Wales was fully conquered in the 13th century but it took until the 16th century until they got to live under the same rules as the englishmen.

But even after aNIxit and a Scoxit, that still may remain true, in a way at least. After all, The Queen is still recognized as head of state in the commonwealth countries like Canada or New Zealand. which makes them technically monarchies. And even though they would be leaving the UK, the Royals wouldn't have to relinquish their titles. They might only be united in name by then, but it would still stand.

It's not going to happen..