By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, when is Persona 5 going to be announced & released for the Switch?

Vodacixi said:
Conina said:
So, when is Final Fantasy VII going to be announced & released for the 3DS & WiiU?

Persona is not Final Fantasy and Joker is not Cloud.

Final Fantasy is one of the biggest videogame franchises ever. And its history is linked to Nintendo. Cloud is the most famous character in the franchise, so even if FF VII has not been in a Nintendo platform before, its inclusion in Smash makes sense.

Persona is not nearly as popular or iconic as Final Fantasy. Also, it hast little to no links to Nintendo. And Joker is not close to being the gaming icon that Cloud is.

So, Joker being in Smash doesn't make any sense as things are right now, while Cloud being in Smash 4 is totally understandable. If Joker is coming to Smash, Persona is coming to Switch. It's the only logical reasoning behind Joker's inclusion.

Well, Cloud was in 5 games on Nintendo systems before Switch came out and Persona Q2 3ds have Joker as one of main characters. Smash rule for 3rd party character: appear at least one time on Nintendo platforms

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Well, it seems that, after the announcement of a certain character for the new Smash Brothers game, the chances of the critically acclaimed Persona 5 coming to the Switch have increased exponentially. Now, some people could say that this doesn't necessarily mean the game will come to the hybrid, but let's be real here: Nintendo would not bother to advertise a character of a game that doesn't appear on a Nintendo console, nor would Sega pass the oportunity to sell the game to a heavily advertised and enthusiastic userbase if given the chance.

So taking that into account, when do you think the game is going to be announced? And when is going to be released?

My bet is that it's going to be announced at the same time as the character arrives to the Switch (February) and released at the beginning of the Summer, maybe in June-July.

They added Snake to Super Smash Bros. Brawl despite him not appearing on Wii, and added Cloud to Super Smash Bros for WiiU/3DS despite him not being on those platforms either. Although both Snake and Cloud have appeared on other Nintendo platforms in one way or another, and in the same way Joker has appeared on the 3DS via Persona Q2, so I'd assume that's all it is. 

Didn't gamecube have a Metal Gear Solid remake?  And while cloud did not appear in his main game (until FFVII on Switch soon), Final Fantasy itself originated on Nintendo.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Next year there will be an announcement of Persona 5 coming to the switch

我是广州人

I think it will come for sure. performance wise it's not a problem because it is original a ps3 game and sega releases ps4 games like yakuza on the pc. probably it will land on pc too.

Bristow9091 said:
Shiken said:

Didn't gamecube have a Metal Gear Solid remake?  And while cloud did not appear in his main game (until FFVII on Switch soon), Final Fantasy itself originated on Nintendo.

Like I said, both Snake and Cloud have appeared on other Nintendo platforms, in the case of Snake, he was indeed on the Gamecube, but was on Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii). So it doesn't necessarily mean that just because Joker is coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, that Persona 5 will be releasing on Switch, as he's already had a release on a Nintendo platform, the 3DS in the form of Persona Q2.

But my point is that a mainline Metal Gear game and Final Fantasy have been on a Nintendo console.  A mainline Persona has not, so having P5 release soon would make sense.

Plus what better way to tease us than to add the main character to Smash just before announcing the game?

Around the Network

Announcement during January direct. Release maybe summer, in the octopath release slot

i’m guessing it’ll be released relatively early next year, as a surprise announcement alongside the release of the smash bros joker dlc

Bristow9091 said:
Shiken said:

But my point is that a mainline Metal Gear game and Final Fantasy have been on a Nintendo console.  A mainline Persona has not, so having P5 release soon would make sense.

Plus what better way to tease us than to add the main character to Smash just before announcing the game?

Then you're missing my point entirely.

No, I am just being contrary.  I feel it could go either way honestly.  I just want a portable Persona 5 TBH and this seems like my best shot at getting that.

Whenever the next direct is

Pocky Lover Boy! 

2 years after they give us the real announcement , which is until now no clue at all.