By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, when is Persona 5 going to be announced & released for the Switch?

Conina said:
RenCutypoison said:

• Mainline persona games never have been ported to a nintendo console
  • Optimizing the game for switch so it runs perfectly (anything less would be an insult) would take a lot of resources.
  • Sega clearly cares more about spin offs than ports 
  • SMT V, Persona 6 and new SMT spin offs should have the priority.

• many games on system X never have been ported to system Y... until the day they got ported to system Y
  • why would it take a lot of resources? It is a simple JRPG which doesn't push the envelope of system resources or has demanding postprocessing effects
  • Sega cares more about money than about putting a label on their releases... and Sega also ported a lot of games this year
  • ports can be done by third parties specialized on porting games

• Many games on system X never have been ported to system Y.
  • The only Atlus game to get a port since they were acquired by Seg is p4 dancing on ps4 to go with the two sequels.
  • Offsourcing cost money which could be allocated to other projects either way.

• Around the Network
    Conina said:
    RenCutypoison said:

• Mainline persona games never have been ported to a nintendo console
    • Optimizing the game for switch so it runs perfectly (anything less would be an insult) would take a lot of resources.
    • Sega clearly cares more about spin offs than ports 
    • SMT V, Persona 6 and new SMT spin offs should have the priority.

• Sega cares more about money than about putting a label on their releases... and Sega also ported a lot of games this year

Sega ported a lot of games, yes. Were they Atlus games though? As far as I can tell Atlus releases hardly any multiplatform games. If P5 does go on the Switch, it will likely be a 'P4 Golden' type of release where various things are added/changed instead of a straight port.

I think around February we will get a full on Atlus/SMT/Persona direct

Joker DLC - within that month

Persona 5 - releases on Switch in June/July

SMT x Fire Emblem port - Fall

Persona dancing collection - Winter

SMT V in depth

Persona Q2 for Switch announced

Persona 5 Arena announced

Various Atlus titles/SMT spinoffs confirmed too

Essentially Joker in Smash is a marketing tool for Persona / SMT games on Switch.

Given the amount of effort Nintendo has taken to get various SMT spinoffs on prior Nintendo consoles - getting P5 on Switch seems like an obvious move to make.

To those that say Persona can't be on a Nintendo console because it's always been a PS exclusive - may I remind you that SMT was a PS exclusive until it wasn't.

Last edited by fleischr - on 19 December 2018

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

fleischr said:

To those that say Persona can't be on a Nintendo console because it's always been a PS exclusive - may I remind you that SMT was a PS exclusive until it wasn't.

I'm fairly certain that SMT was on a Nintendo system (SNES) before Sony ever got into the video game industry.