By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - psmini, one of the biggest fails of the year

I have it my mind that I must own one, same with all the other mini's that are available. I do not own any as I couldn't see myself actually playing them. I have too much of other things to do. When the psone mini was announced we all had our own selection for what we wanted to see on the system which will always result in everyone not being happy but I have to say it wasn't that great of all choice from Sony. Maybe there were licensing issues so knows our just plain bad judgement? To own then all will be the collector in me. I own the original Consoles anyway. If Sony added trophy support then I would be tempted to play these classics

Around the Network
OTBWY said:
DonFerrari said:

Perhaps the customer base is in another galaxy or dimension =p

What damage control when I acknowledge that the system is among the biggest fails together with things no one even remember?

At least LABO sold over 1.5 million.

Shipped, but yes if you decided to read other posts instead of jumping to defend LABO you would see that I considered LABO less failed than PS Classic. Still LABO was expected to drive HW sales for Switch and didn't, do you know what was expected of PS Classic besides a quick cash in (that we don't know if it made or not).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

How did a thread about PS Classic segue into Labo? Lol

PortisheadBiscuit said:

Bringing up "one of the biggest fails of the year" I believe. Had the title been something like "Random European store lists PS Mini for 40% off just a week after release" I doubt you'd be seeing much Labo talk. Toxic thread title devolves into toxic discussion every time.

PortisheadBiscuit said:

Because the thread is about the biggest fails of the year.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Very misleading thread title then...

DonFerrari said:
OTBWY said:

At least LABO sold over 1.5 million.

Shipped, but yes if you decided to read other posts instead of jumping to defend LABO you would see that I considered LABO less failed than PS Classic. Still LABO was expected to drive HW sales for Switch and didn't, do you know what was expected of PS Classic besides a quick cash in (that we don't know if it made or not).

Nonsense my dude. You should not even have mentioned LABO because at the end of the day, it is not a commercial failure. Yet, you became defensive over some tat that failed in every aspect. That is why LABO came into the mix. Bad call man.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
DonFerrari said:

Nope, it is in the titles "one of the biggest fails", so the title is talking about the biggest failures.

OTBWY said:
DonFerrari said:

Nonsense my dude. You should not even have mentioned LABO because at the end of the day, it is not a commercial failure. Yet, you became defensive over some tat that failed in every aspect. That is why LABO came into the mix. Bad call man.

Not a comercial failure? If after 6 months in the market it doesn't sell the initial shipment that is a fail, it also didn't manage to help sales of Switch on first half of the year.

Defensive of PSmini? When was that if I have acknowledge that it failed?

CaptainExplosion said:

Apparently this is the latest in the PS Mini's long list of blunders:

Look at the links posted above you and you will realise the footage is wrong.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

DonFerrari said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Nope, it is in the titles "one of the biggest fails", so the title is talking about the biggest failures.

OTBWY said:

Not a comercial failure? If after 6 months in the market it doesn't sell the initial shipment that is a fail, it also didn't manage to help sales of Switch on first half of the year.

Defensive of PSmini? When was that if I have acknowledge that it failed?

Yet it did sell over a million units at a much higher pricepoint aimed at a specific audience. That is a special edition price sold each time. You bet that it made them money lol. Anyway, you were the one who brought it in when it shouldn't have been. This was about the PS Classic, a classic console that failed so why?