By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Ultimate's online is atrocious

Haven't had one match without at least one hiccup and the last match i did was downright unplayable. Hope to try against people on my friends-list and see if that is better.. At least it isn't as bad as Mario Tennis which didn't work for me at all

Around the Network

OK I’ve changed my mind somewhat on this issue now.

While I don’t think the online in it self is horrible the match making leaves some to be desired.

My problem with the match making is that it constantly puts me on 1v1 matches, to me the most boring way to play Smash (oh and I kind of suck so I can’t hide my suckiness as much in 1v1 matches)

Well.. let´s hope they made some changes to it soon.

Might be obvious, but want to make sure just in case, because since the update getting the match I want has not been an issue at all

You know you can change your preferred settings before going into quickplay

Also the arenas are especially great for getting the exact kind of match you want

deltazero said:

Might be obvious, but want to make sure just in case, because since the update getting the match I want has not been an issue at all

You know you can change your preferred settings before going into quickplay

Also the arenas are especially great for getting the exact kind of match you want

My preferred setting is ”smash” (up to 4 players) and stock. 

Still get paired on 1v1 most of the time. 

It was actually better before the latest updatefor me. 

Around the Network

Since the update things have been much better for me. No more 4v4, I always get 1v1 matches.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Since the update things have been much better for me. No more 4v4, I always get 1v1 matches.

Yeah and for me that’s the problem :P

Do we have any other fighting games that need perfect latency and which feature so many characters online as Smash?