By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Is there a reason why Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee are being counted as separate games?

Is there any particular reason why these seem to be the very first and only dual release Pokemon games to be counted as completely separate sales entry's on VGChartz?

Would make it difficult and inaccurate to compare and rank the sales of Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee to all the other games because of this:

Pos Game Console Publisher Total Sales NA Sales PAL Sales Japan Sales Other Sales Release Date Last Update
1 Pokémon Red / Green / Blue Version Nintendo 31.37m 11.27m 8.89m 10.22m 1.00m 30th Sep 98 N/A
2 Pokémon Gold / Silver Version Nintendo 23.10m 9.00m 6.18m 7.20m 0.71m 14th Oct 00 N/A
3 Pokémon Diamond / Pearl Version Nintendo 18.25m 6.38m 4.47m 6.04m 1.36m 28th Apr 07 N/A
4 Pokémon X/Y Nintendo 16.07m 5.62m 5.06m 4.40m 0.98m 12th Oct 13 06th Jan 18
5 Pokémon Ruby / Sapphire Version Nintendo 15.85m 6.06m 3.90m 5.38m 0.50m 17th Mar 03 N/A
6 Pokémon Black / White Version Nintendo 15.18m 5.51m 3.20m 5.66m 0.80m 06th Mar 11 N/A
7 Pokémon Sun/Moon Nintendo 15.07m 5.93m 4.34m 3.82m 0.98m 18th Nov 16 03rd Aug 18
9 Pokémon Omega Ruby/Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Nintendo 12.73m 4.77m 3.98m 3.15m 0.82m 21st Nov 14 03rd Aug 18
10 Pokémon Heart Gold / Soul Silver Version 
Read the review
Nintendo 11.78m 4.34m 2.72m 3.96m 0.76m 14th Mar 10 N/A
11 Pokémon FireRed / LeafGreen Version Nintendo 10.49m 4.34m 2.65m 3.15m 0.35m 07th Sep 04 N/A
12 Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Nintendo 8.16m 2.79m 1.79m 3.16m 0.43m 07th Oct 12 25th Feb 18
14 Pokémon: Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Nintendo 6.79m 2.27m 1.66m 2.50m 0.37m 17th Nov 17 03rd Aug 18

74 Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! Nintendo N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A 16th Nov 18 14th Nov 18
75 Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! Nintendo N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A 16th Nov 18 14th Nov 18

Around the Network

Few weeks ago I had the same thought.

Machina said:
This is 100% my fault. I messed up when it was first announced and listed them separately.

Since US pre-orders immediately get assigned to games as soon as I hook them up, if we were to create a unified entry now, we'd lose those sales. So it's a catch 22 atm - unify them but lose the pre-orders, or keep them separate and maintain the sales.

I'm kind of jumping the announcement gun here, but next year we'll be listing shipment data on game pages, which will allow us to resolve this issue (along with several others!). But for the next two months we'll have to track them separately.

No worries, that's fine. I was just curious whether it was a mistake or not because it's different to how the other games are treated.

Thanks for the info

The addition of shipment data on games sounds real neat.

Machina said:
The upside is that it'll be interesting the see the split between the two physical versions in the meantime, and then at the end of January we'll probably create a unified version and shift the total over to that, deleting the separate versions. Until then you'll just have to manually combine them when comparing to previous Pokemon games xD

I have a feeling it's not going to go as well for Eevee as it will for Pikachu...

i got both lol

Around the Network
Green098 said:
Machina said:
The upside is that it'll be interesting the see the split between the two physical versions in the meantime, and then at the end of January we'll probably create a unified version and shift the total over to that, deleting the separate versions. Until then you'll just have to manually combine them when comparing to previous Pokemon games xD

I have a feeling it's not going to go as well for Eevee as it will for Pikachu...

Lol at that picture. But yeah, I think the general trend is the former title always tend to sell better than the latter one. Although for some reason I think only one that bucked that trend was X (don't quote me on that)

Machina said:
This is 100% my fault. I messed up when it was first announced and listed them separately.

Since US pre-orders immediately get assigned to games as soon as I hook them up, if we were to create a unified entry now, we'd lose those sales. So it's a catch 22 atm - unify them but lose the pre-orders, or keep them separate and maintain the sales.

I'm kind of jumping the announcement gun here, but next year we'll be listing shipment data on game pages, which will allow us to resolve this issue (along with several others!). But for the next two months we'll have to track them separately.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/86086/style-savvy-fashion-forward/

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/85411/style-savvy-fashion-forward/

I think the same thing should be done for this, agree or not? 

When you're a Nintendo fan, you have to count as much as possible. Kidding, please don't ban me.

TalonMan said:
tak13 said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/86086/style-savvy-fashion-forward/

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/85411/style-savvy-fashion-forward/

I think the same thing should be done for this, agree or not? 

Definitely not the same - these are straight-up duplicates, and they should be combined (different from two differently titled Pokemon games, though).

Unfortunately, I see sales data on both entries which will need to be cleaned up before one or the other can get deleted...    ...I'll leave this for @Machina - hopefully he can get this fixed! :)

I know, I'm glad that the fix for this case is a lot easier. 

What about this: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/86317/mario-amp-luigi-paper-jam-amp-mario-kart-7-double-pack/?region=All

Isn't it redundant? 

By the way, I can't send a message to anyone, otherwise I would discuss about these with you and Machina in a personal message.