By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God Of War Wins Game of the Year at Game Awards

DonFerrari said:
colafitte said:

Your 3-4 old year son is playing GOW??? such a pro already!!. Amazing what the new generation of kids are capable of doing nowadays. What i was playing when i was a 4 year old??, Frogger?, Pacman?, Paperboy?,....

I was playing Atari when I was 4 year =]

He is so competent playing (he finished Knack 2 almost by himself) that when he ask for help on parts that he have some difficult (that aren't really that hard) I forget he is just a small kid and tell him if he can't pass that he won't be able to keep playing because it's going to be harder later... and he surprises me every single time. He can even win in Marvel vs Capcom against me from time to time if I use random chars (sure I never play it alone to know the right moves, but still he isn't 4 yet).

I feel outdated and outclassed already....

Around the Network
colafitte said:
DonFerrari said:

I was playing Atari when I was 4 year =]

He is so competent playing (he finished Knack 2 almost by himself) that when he ask for help on parts that he have some difficult (that aren't really that hard) I forget he is just a small kid and tell him if he can't pass that he won't be able to keep playing because it's going to be harder later... and he surprises me every single time. He can even win in Marvel vs Capcom against me from time to time if I use random chars (sure I never play it alone to know the right moves, but still he isn't 4 yet).

I feel outdated and outclassed already....

That is a constant feeling of being a father and see your children grow and be better than you.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Overall, I think RDR2 was a great game, far above almost everything else in the market. But, there are some problems for me with it:

1) Arthur Morgan is a boring character.
2) Again, a game of the franchise takes too much time to really catch. The tutorial chapters are painful to get through;
3) No Mexico;
4) Gameplay is pretty much the same of RDR1, with few additions.
5) The missions are not interesting too;
6) The world , although larger, is not as interesting to explore than the one in RDR1.

zumnupy10 said:
Overall, I think RDR2 was a great game, far above almost everything else in the market. But, there are some problems for me with it:

1) Arthur Morgan is a boring character.
2) Again, a game of the franchise takes too much time to really catch. The tutorial chapters are painful to get through;
(..)

i understand number 1 and 2 ^^

Azuren said:
John2290 said:

All game nominees are discounted on the main three console platforms E stores and the Epic store, I believe. 

Fuck digital. I learned my lesson with Scott Pilgrim.

Though I still roll with digital, I still soddin g miss Scott Pilgrim vs the World game, way too much these days. A game forever lost to time. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

The Winners of this year *

God of War - 56

The Critics' Picks - 45

The Readers' Picks - 11

Red Dead Redemption 2 - 46

The Critics' Picks - 37

The Readers' Picks - 9

https://gotypicks.blogspot.com/

Raf released a bit more artwork and tech that went into Kratos:

Really cool how muscles can contract and stretch, now.

Awesome. RDR2 feels like a chore a lot of the time. I am nowhere close to beating it and I haven't touched the game in about 2 weeks because quite frankly there's just more fun things to play most of the time. GoW on the other hand, was difficult to put down from start to finish.

4 ≈ One

Kratos looked like a juiced up agent 47 there CGI