By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mortal Kombat 11 announced for Switch, PS4, Xbox One and PC

Tagged games:

Did you purposely spell the name with a C? C'mon man ; )

At this point in time, I'm not really crazy about MK, but pleasantly surprised to see it return to a Nintendo console after a long absence.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
"Preorder to get Shao Khan". What the hell, are they putting the bad guy of the game behind DLC/Preorder Bonus??

Probably missed or forgot MKX then, as Shao Kahn wasn't part of the story there either. Kotal Kahn is the new Lord after the Elder Gods removed Shao for breaking the Rules at the end of MK9

So yeah, story-wise, he's totally expendable now, probably *the* (from the core roster) most expendable even

SKMBlake said:
S.Peelman said:

What do you mean?

Well you said it's a port.

How a game juste teased and not even released yet on any platform whatsoever can be a port on Switch ? That's nonsense.

Are you being serious?

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 08 December 2018

That shitty rap song completely ruined any hype I had for this game... It didn't fit with MKX and doesn't fit with MK11. NetherRealm should just buy the rights from New Line Cinema to use the theme song from the 90's movie. Everyone loves it and it fits the video games. Why they haven't done this already is beyond me...

Does anyone really actually unironically like mumble rap?

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network
TranceformerFX said:
That shitty rap song completely ruined any hype I had for this game... It didn't fit with MKX and doesn't fit with MK11. NetherRealm should just buy the rights from New Line Cinema to use the theme song from the 90's movie. Everyone loves it and it fits the video games. Why they haven't done this already is beyond me...

To be fair, I didn't care at all for the rap song they played over Mortal Kombat X's reveal trailer either but that game ended up being fucking awesome.

I might check this out if theirs nothing else to play in April.

superchunk said:
Switch buy for sure. Looks like they are hinting to dual variations of each character. Meaning, that you'll have a classic variation of a character (think MK1 or 2) and the more recent variations with all the additional moves and weapons, etc.

Could be awesome.

I read it as a custom variation. I'm guessing each character will have point limit for example, lets say 1000 points, and each special move will have certain cost. The player picks what moves they want and that's balanced by the cost of each move in comparison to the overall point limit.

The rap music ruined the mood a bit kinda took away the epic feeling from  the battle.

TranceformerFX said:

This. The song was shitty no doubt. Didn't pump any excitement had nothing to do with a martial arts fight to the death. The theme song from the 90s movie would have brought some nostalgic epic greatness to the whole thing. I would have pre ordered just on nostalgia!