By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Creators Program Is Ending

So channels that offer raw gameplay footage or cut scenes are apparently going to still get content claimed (if not outright struck down, we'll see) while Let's Play videos are going to be left alone. That's what their page says anyways.

Around the Network
alejollorente10 said:
KLXVER said:
Its a great step forward, but reading those guidelines I would advice not to stream Nintendo games if you think you are going to be very negative about it. It seems like that's what they mean about "Inappropriate Content"

Did you read the FAQ? Question 11 does not seem to indicate that. It's more about breaking a law or piracy.

Yeah, it was more about this one:

Q10:Will there be cases where Nintendo will remove content from sharing platforms?

A10:Yes, we reserve the right to remove any content that we believe is unlawful, infringing, inappropriate, or not in line with the Guidelines.

and right on the cusp of Super Smash Bros Ultimate

But but but, What Nintendo do is always great even if they are wrong.

PAOerfulone said:

What's this?
A rare good business decision by corporate Nintendo?!
What kind of bizarro world did I step into?!

What most bizzare thing is suddenly nobody against this, it's different from 2 years ago where people support this policy. LOL 

Around the Network
cycycychris said:
I feel like there is some type of catch they aren't telling us yet.

We're ending the Nintendo Creators Program!!!

We're starting the Nintendo owns your videos and livelihood program! #sorryaboutthat

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

xMetroid said:
Better late than never lmao.
No but this is great. Now voice chat

Fortnite has built in system voice chat.... play a round of it online, you'll regret asking for voice chat.

disclaimer - I'm in no way responsible for any damage done to your sound system by the high pitched voices of 8-12 year olds or the number of times you hear the N word in a single game.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
xMetroid said:
Better late than never lmao.
No but this is great. Now voice chat

Fortnite has built in system voice chat.... play a round of it online, you'll regret asking for voice chat.

disclaimer - I'm in no way responsible for any damage done to your sound system by the high pitched voices of 8-12 year olds or the number of times you hear the N word in a single game.

Yea I actually played that a bit and never used it I dont really care tbh but i guess some people really want it ?.

I do want Netflix tho 

HollyGamer said:
PAOerfulone said:

What's this?

What most bizzare thing is suddenly nobody against this, it's different from 2 years ago where people support this policy. LOL 

I still remember watching a couple of youtube videos trying to fight against the NCP and seeing hundreds of Nintendo fans in the comments defending Nintendo and saying that NCP was great and we should be thankful to Nintendo etc.... I couldnt believe what I was seeing, I felt like I was an american in communist China trying to convince the people that freedom of speech was a good thing.

HollyGamer said:
PAOerfulone said:

What's this?

What are you even saying? This program was almost universally disliked by Nintendo fans and content creators from the very beginning.