By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - PR: Nintendo Switch Best Selling week Ever (US) (8.2mil+Sold Switches LTD) [Update: 8.6mil+]

xMetroid said:
Wait what is the 115% for then?

the 115% is the numbers compared to last year from Thursday to Monday. 

Around the Network
xMetroid said:

From Nov 22 (thursday) to Nov 26 (monday), not BF week from 19-23 Nov. That 115% is bullshit because it's probably a low number from last year. PR these days are awful, really tired of them....

tbone51 said:
Miyamotoo said:

115 percent up compared to the same period in 2017. is huge.

If its Nov then we are looking at 1.5mil+ sales and that doesnt include this last 4 days (wed-sat)

They referring to just to those 5 days, saying that Switch should be at around 1.2-1.5m for hole November.

Acevil said:
quickrick said:

if switch only only does a million in november and it  won't do that much better in december, it had a lot of great deals this month plus a mainline pokemon game, people are way over estimating pokemon and smash strength to sell hardware like i been saying all year.

So, with that said, it if does something like 1.2 million, will you finally stop downplaying the Switch and Pokemon Let's Go? I want to know where is the line that it needs to cross for you to stop downplaying.

I say this fully knowing my own prediction is 1 million - 1.1 million for November. 

This year has cyber money included as opposed to last year.

why am i downplaying switch? i'm just make my prediction for switch sales, sure im' loud with it but i'm just trying to have fun. if i eat crow, i don't mind people shitting on me, heck i been getting called out on a bad prediction i made more then a year ago.

colafitte said:
xMetroid said:

From Nov 22 (thursday) to Nov 26 (monday), not BF week from 19-23 Nov. That 115% is bullshit because it's probably a low number from last year. PR these days are awful, really tired of them....

Hum  well so we still don't really know anything clear basically. 

Around the Network
xMetroid said:
colafitte said:

What we know is Switch selling 8'2M in USA until 26 November 2018.

quickrick said:
Acevil said:

So, with that said, it if does something like 1.2 million, will you finally stop downplaying the Switch and Pokemon Let's Go? I want to know where is the line that it needs to cross for you to stop downplaying.

I say this fully knowing my own prediction is 1 million - 1.1 million for November. 

why am i downplaying switch? i'm just make my prediction for switch sales, sure im' loud with it but i'm just trying to have fun. if i eat crow, i don't mind people shitting on me, heck i been getting called out on a bad prediction i made more then a year ago.

So, not going to tell me the flooring it has to do. 

Miyamotoo said:
tbone51 said:

If its Nov then we are looking at 1.5mil+ sales and that doesnt include this last 4 days (wed-sat)

They referring to just to those 5 days, saying that Switch should be at around 1.2-1.5m for hole November.

don't make things up. the most concrete info is 8.2 million sold, of course maybe there is something wrong in the data so it's not 100% till npd data comes out. no where does it say 1.2-1,5 million for november .

Acevil said:
quickrick said:

So, not going to tell me the flooring it has to do. 

Switch is doing great sales wise, i just think people are really over estimating it. i expected to be flat of similar to last year, so if does 3 million for the holidays then yea, it blew my expectations away.  

colafitte said:
xMetroid said:

At least that much, they did use the word more than, which could mean another 50,000, or even gives them more wiggle room. NPD will be interesting, I think my prediction is inline with these numbers. 

Acevil said:
colafitte said:

At least that much, they did use the word more than, which could mean another 50,000, or even gives them more wiggle room. NPD will be interesting, I think my prediction is inline with these numbers. 

Yeah, but every PR from every company uses the "more than..." line, so obviously won't be exactly 900.000 units, it could be something more, but don't expect more than 100k or 150k..., around 50k could be, i agree.