By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - PR: Nintendo Switch Best Selling week Ever (US) (8.2mil+Sold Switches LTD) [Update: 8.6mil+]

drinkandswim said:
The $250 million math doesnt work because. Included in the million first party sales are all the $300 Switches that had Mario Kart bundled. Not to mention that there were other sales. Plus the store gets a percentage so that isnt the actual number Nintendo sees. Therefore its still possible for over 800k Switches sold.

No it's not  possible. 250 million includes every Nintendo product like nes/super classic , pokemon along with the pokeball, every first party game, 3ds, switch didn't do more then 600k.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
quickrick said:

Oh please I got so much wins, and all bets won so far. Just a typical hater.

You didn't get many wins in comparison to how often you were wrong.

For Switch hardware, it hasn't fallen off a cliff in 2018. It isn't heading for your revised "will be flat in 2018" either.

For Switch software, you had to revise your predictions for virtually every game, because you always beat the same drum of "this game won't have legs" no matter how much the sales history of the given IP contradicts that. Your revised predictions/expectations commonly have to be revised again.

People here don't like you nor does anyone see you as a good predictor, because at the end of the day you were wrong too many times and the few right calls were circumstantial because occasionally reality aligned with a prediction of yours as even a broken clock that sounds like a broken record happens to be right sometimes. Occasionally there are a few people who speak words of support for you, but that's first and foremost because they enjoy that you get a rise out of Nintendo fans with your drivel. When support really matters, such as backing up your arguments, those people aren't showing up because they know how faulty the arguments are and because they know there's a risk of a ban; it's only for so long that the mod team considers something an unreasonable opinion instead of trolling, even though the leeway seems to be tremendous at times (it took ages until Lawlight was given the boot for good). And when you get moderated, who is there to help you? Again, nobody. People don't want to be associated with you so closely, because they recognize that it could poorly reflect on themselves.

You've been here for a year now and there has been no visible improvement in your behavior despite repeated moderations, and more importantly, despite detailed explanations why your behavior is well below an acceptable standard. By now it's very easy to notice the ongoing frustration in the community, so like so many other times, I am the guy who says what so many people think, and they think that way for very good reasons.

So tell me, why should I refrain from filing a request that you get permabanned before this year is over? Because that would be a great Christmas present for this community.

drinkandswim said:
The $250 million math doesnt work because. Included in the million first party sales are all the $300 Switches that had Mario Kart bundled. Not to mention that there were other sales. Plus the store gets a percentage so that isnt the actual number Nintendo sees. Therefore its still possible for over 800k Switches sold.

Good point about the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe bundles. For every 100k of those, Switch hardware has to be adjusted up by a good 15k units. Assuming 300k of those bundles, Switch hardware goes above 600k for November 22-26 in my previously outlined breakdown. Makes it more realistic to align with the statement that Switch beat Wii over that five-day-period, but comes with the tradeoff that fewer units are left to assign to the Pokémon Let's Go hardware boost. Other discounts shouldn't tip the scale too much.

Bad point about stores getting a cut. The $250m figure is consumer spending, so the retailer cut is irrelevant.

Edit: User was banned for this post. ~ Pemalite.

What's so wrong with him .

Now that we had Rol in our side......oops

I want to add, that i appreciate Rol discussions in this site a lot and it always is a pleasure to discuss sales with him, but i don't agree with him or any other who agree with him in relation to ban quickrick, and he definitively was not talking in my name. I did not follow this member as long as others but the time i saw him post he did nothing wrong, at least not to the point of being banned. If he is wrong all the time like people said, he has the right to be wrong. I'm against banning people for anything else that is not derailing topics everytime or because he/she insults or persecute other posters.

We need more posters, more opinions, more point of views....no less. And if you don't like what other says you have the choice of ignore him if you want, but bully another member is not the solution, even if you think sincerely is the solution.

I wish the ban for Rol is short so he can come back and still give good interpretation of sales as always.

Even if its consumer spending the average store price of the Switch wasn’t $300. It was discounted as low as $250. And the Mario Kart bundle was $300 with Mario Kart included, yet all those Mario Karts are counted as software sales. Not to mention Mario Kart, Mario Party and Mario Odyssey were all on sale. So were the pro controllers, joy cons and labo sets.

For arguments sake Nintendo said that consumer spending on Nintendo’s product was over $250 million. So I will use $280 million. Im going to use an average sale price of the Switch as $280 and say that all misc spending was $50 million.

$280 million minus $50 million = $230 million

$230 million divided by $280 (average Switch sale price) is approximately 821,000 Switches sold.

Around the Network
colafitte said:

I want to add, that i appreciate Rol discussions in this site a lot and it always is a pleasure to discuss sales with him, but i don't agree with him or any other who agree with him in relation to ban quickrick, and he definitively was not talking in my name. I did not follow this member as long as others but the time i saw him post he did nothing wrong, at least not to the point of being banned. If he is wrong all the time like people said, he has the right to be wrong. I'm against banning people for anything else that is not derailing topics everytime or because he/she insults or persecute other posters.

We need more posters, more opinions, more point of views....no less. And if you don't like what other says you have the choice of ignore him if you want, but bully another member is not the solution, even if you think sincerely is the solution.

I wish the ban for Rol is short so he can come back and still give good interpretation of sales as always.

This was the pot calling the kettle black when Rol bought up Moderation record and no change in attitude , while like you I like Rol and hope for a short ban , another part of me sees him being a protected species. time and time again he slanders people and do we see ever increasing ban lengths ,if not there should be consideration to extra time added to repeat offences, now having said that it should only apply from the date of inception.

Now I can see why the mod team can be conflicted I damn well am since I like Rol a lot and consider him a friend on this site, I wish Rol no harm that's why I didn't bring up a permaban, talking of permabans rather than ending up with a permaban for a repeat offence that may have been minor but crossed some arbitrary line, your ever increasing ban length punishes you for the reoffending portion of the particular offence and if the repeat offence isn't minor or just connected to number of offences  you still have the permaban.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

I wonder if it was truly worth it for rol to continue arguing if he was going to come to reconcile with the released figures regardless before making due with his comeuppance but given that he knows better, I presume that he thought it was ...

RolStoppable said:
quickrick said:

Oh please I got so much wins, and all bets won so far. Just a typical hater.

You didn't get many wins in comparison to how often you were wrong.

For Switch hardware, it hasn't fallen off a cliff in 2018. It isn't heading for your revised "will be flat in 2018" either.

For Switch software, you had to revise your predictions for virtually every game, because you always beat the same drum of "this game won't have legs" no matter how much the sales history of the given IP contradicts that. Your revised predictions/expectations commonly have to be revised again.

People here don't like you nor does anyone see you as a good predictor, because at the end of the day you were wrong too many times and the few right calls were circumstantial because occasionally reality aligned with a prediction of yours as even a broken clock that sounds like a broken record happens to be right sometimes. Occasionally there are a few people who speak words of support for you, but that's first and foremost because they enjoy that you get a rise out of Nintendo fans with your drivel. When support really matters, such as backing up your arguments, those people aren't showing up because they know how faulty the arguments are and because they know there's a risk of a ban; it's only for so long that the mod team considers something an unreasonable opinion instead of trolling, even though the leeway seems to be tremendous at times (it took ages until Lawlight was given the boot for good). And when you get moderated, who is there to help you? Again, nobody. People don't want to be associated with you so closely, because they recognize that it could poorly reflect on themselves.

You've been here for a year now and there has been no visible improvement in your behavior despite repeated moderations, and more importantly, despite detailed explanations why your behavior is well below an acceptable standard. By now it's very easy to notice the ongoing frustration in the community, so like so many other times, I am the guy who says what so many people think, and they think that way for very good reasons.

So tell me, why should I refrain from filing a request that you get permabanned before this year is over? Because that would be a great Christmas present for this community.

drinkandswim said:

Good point about the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe bundles. For every 100k of those, Switch hardware has to be adjusted up by a good 15k units. Assuming 300k of those bundles, Switch hardware goes above 600k for November 22-26 in my previously outlined breakdown. Makes it more realistic to align with the statement that Switch beat Wii over that five-day-period, but comes with the tradeoff that fewer units are left to assign to the Pokémon Let's Go hardware boost. Other discounts shouldn't tip the scale too much.

Bad point about stores getting a cut. The $250m figure is consumer spending, so the retailer cut is irrelevant.

Edit: User was banned for this post. ~ Pemalite.

Why the hate to Mr.Cliff??

He was just wrong, nothing else.

mjk45 said:
colafitte said:

This was the pot calling the kettle black when Rol bought up Moderation record and no change in attitude , while like you I like Rol and hope for a short ban , another part of me sees him being a protected species. time and time again he slanders people and do we see ever increasing ban lengths ,if not there should be consideration to extra time added to repeat offences, now having said that it should only apply from the date of inception.

Now I can see why the mod team can be conflicted I damn well am since I like Rol a lot and consider him a friend on this site, I wish Rol no harm that's why I didn't bring up a permaban, talking of permabans rather than ending up with a permaban for a repeat offence that may have been minor but crossed some arbitrary line, your ever increasing ban length punishes you for the reoffending portion of the particular offence and if the repeat offence isn't minor or just connected to number of offences  you still have the permaban.

Yeah, i understand what you say. Obviously both parts could do better, because is obvious quickrick generates some "reaction" from other members of this site because at the time of post this, rol's post have 20 "agree votes".....but still..., moderators are the ones who have to warn a member from banning or not by following the rules of the site, so let's them decide these kind of things.

Everything else is adding fuel to the fire.....

colafitte said:
If he is wrong all the time like people said, he has the right to be wrong.

Exactly, people need to stop getting upset by predictions. They will be proven right or wrong (In this case definitely wrong) with time so there's no need for a hate mob. Stop being so emotionally invested. If you get upset that someone predicts your favourite console will do badly, maybe you're also at fault. Tell the person why you disagree with their prediction, and then wait for the outcome to see who will be proven right. There's zero need for it to get personal over numbers. Making bad predictions is not a crime, and it isn't a reason to be hated.

OT: I'm glad Super Mario Party is doing well, it deserves it. First good one in a long time, finally Nintendo stopped being stubborn and got rid of the car. Also it feels a lot longer than 12 months since Ultra Moon & Sun came out.

Last edited by Barkley - on 02 December 2018