By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo censors Xenoblade character in SSBU- will Smash go multi-plat because of it?

ResilientFighter said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

...there's no difference?

Uhhhh

If you were just taking this from a general "censorship sucks" perspective I'd agree, but - you're using a situation in which Nintendo is censoring a property (Xenoblade), that they own, for a crossover game (Smash) which is for a much younger audience (E10+) compared to the original property (Xenoblade), which has been left untouched in recent memory in regards to it's own game - as justification to "call out" people for being hypocrites for being mad at Sony for censoring third parties and overextending their hand. 

It's not the same thing. But yes, censorship does suck and I don't like this design at all. 

i agree with everything except the fact people act like only sony censors and thats not true this is a prime example even if its for their exclusive title and a dumb rating
people argued with me that spiderman did not sell more than god of war due to one being teen the other mature they said ratings do not mean anything in sales so why is nintendo crying about some tits and legs if its not about fears of it selling less if it was rated teen and had no censoring on bayonetta, xenoblade and fire emblem girls.

Yeah, the correlation between ratings and sales is a bit hard to figure out. I mean, Super Smash Brothers Brawl did amazing at it's rating of T. Even if 4 outsold it (between two different versions), I have a hard time believing Smash would be affected much by a T rating. Maybe Nintendo expects it to sell so much (20+ Mil range) that they want to make that sales ceiling as high as possible. 

Link to the VGChartz Discord server: https://discord.gg/2uMTaYtv

Someday you will die somehow 

And something's gonna steal your carbon 

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
ResilientFighter said:

i agree with everything except the fact people act like only sony censors and thats not true this is a prime example even if its for their exclusive title and a dumb rating
people argued with me that spiderman did not sell more than god of war due to one being teen the other mature they said ratings do not mean anything in sales so why is nintendo crying about some tits and legs if its not about fears of it selling less if it was rated teen and had no censoring on bayonetta, xenoblade and fire emblem girls.

Yeah, the correlation between ratings and sales is a bit hard to figure out. I mean, Super Smash Brothers Brawl did amazing at it's rating of T. Even if 4 outsold it (between two different versions), I have a hard time believing Smash would be affected much by a T rating. Maybe Nintendo expects it to sell so much (20+ Mil range) that they want to make that sales ceiling as high as possible. 

i believe the rating does affect sales in some games but when you look at GTA V that all goes out the window lmao seeing a 5 year old playing it and shooting up everyone on the street or chilling in a strip club i wonder why would any company fear a T rating at this point

Once again, not a surprise since they've done it before with XCX and Tokyo Mirage Sessions along with the past Fire Emblem games ...

All console manufacturers already barred adult only rated games from their systems but now with the biggest console manufacturer deciding to go further who was the last meaningful bastion for an open forum of content, console gaming has officially sucked ass since the corporate social justice/politically correct culture mirror the majority of their customers political will to stand up for these dumb ideals so from here on out I'm probably just gonna stick to PC/emulation ...

#MakeConsolesGreatAgain

I really like those Xenoblade 2 anime-like designs.
But let's not be petty here, good laugh tho, lol.

*shrugs*

...meh. Internet always has the dirtiest/best pictures.

Around the Network

Also the misconception that Nintendo doesn't censor 3rd party games is simply untrue if we take a look at a past precedent ...

The Bravely series on the 3DS is one such example where it was developed by Silicon Studio with Square's funding but once Nintendo's localization team got a hold of the games it ended up been censored so basically any 3rd party games which undergo localization by Nintendo themselves are under their mercy of been edited ...

Stupid change honestly...I mean why the hell would a character with a light theme have black leggings? It totally clashes with the rest of her color scheme and looks awkward as all hell. Give her white or gold leggings if you're really that worried about children seeing a woman's legs...or at least make it look less like something an intern did in 5 minutes with MS Paint.

I mean don't get me wrong, I love the idea of Mythra in yoga pants...but it just doesn't work with her base color scheme. At all.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

...Okay,I'll give you that, Mythra looks pretty cute with black pants...

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

I hope they dont make her child barring hips smaller in next smash

I game on all consoles and PC

Not as bad as Winnie Pooh being censored in China