By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Which of the MS-purchased studios do you think will be shut down?

I'm feeling surprisingly pessimistic today, and started thinking about how some of the MS studios might not be all that profitable, and result in a shutdown. People losing their jobs is always bad, so I hope that that doesn't happen.

Although, if you had to guess; which studios and why?

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Around the Network

Playground. MS doesn't need them to compete with Sony after shutting down Evolution Studios.

Insomniac.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

If Chartz has taught me anything over the years it’s that the correct answer is: all of them.

The only real debate should be how many of them will actually release a game before Bill Gates shows up in their lobby with a priest.

crissindahouse said:
Playground. MS doesn't need them to compete with Sony after shutting down Evolution Studios.

Forza Horizon 3 is their second biggest 1st party title on Xbox One... Considering it's also released on PC the Forza Horizon series has probably made more money than Halo this generation.

Around the Network

easiest thing to do is to find the sarcastic negativity here. they just started gaining some, shutting anything down anytime soon makes no sense.

its years off at best IF they did. shitty OP thread tbh.

Barkley said:
crissindahouse said:

Forza Horizon 3 is their second biggest 1st party title on Xbox One... Considering it's also released on PC the Forza Horizon series has probably made more money than Halo this generation.

Halo MCC and Halo 5 made lots of money. 5 made $400m it's opening weekend and it has req packs which also made lots of money.

Barkley said:
crissindahouse said:

Forza Horizon 3 is their second biggest 1st party title on Xbox One... Considering it's also released on PC the Forza Horizon series has probably made more money than Halo this 

I need to work on my way to post to get my message to the people better.

jason1637 said:
Barkley said:

Halo MCC and Halo 5 made lots of money. 5 made $400m it's opening weekend and it has req packs which also made lots of money.

The $400m figure includes the price of bundled consoles, If we're ignoring the sale of hardware (halo 5 definitely pushed more systems), Forza Horizon has been a bigger game series over the last 5 years imo.

In terms of Physical XBO sales (so no 360 numbers for FH2):

Halo 5+MCC = 8.33m
Forza Horizon 2-4 = 6m

But neither Halo 5 or MCC were released on PC, while horizon 3+4 were which should easily push it at least level, and if it's not higher than Halo already, it will be as FH4 continues to sell, the above number only includes 2 weeks of FH4.

There's not really anyway to tell if we include Microtranscations and DLC, (Forza Horizon has a lot of DLC), and if we include sold hardware Halo definitley wins. But in terms of actual games sales Forza Horizon is very likely ahead, or soon will be.

Depends which company flops.. its basic common sense really. Companies dont get shut down for no apparent reason.