By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Charts Yearly Total - October 13th

Mnementh said:
DonFerrari said:

Yes I agree that PS4 may sell more than Switch but ship less because PS4 already had more in channel and is expected to start declining. But from like PS4 selling 18M shipping 16M (sure now after revisions could be 18.5M sold and 18M shipped) and Switch selling 17M and shipping 20M would be quite the odd occurrence. 

Yeah, I agree here. 20M for Switch seems unlikely, after the first two quarters were a bit disappointing. PS4 could still outdo it's projection.

Their 20m projection is for the fiscal year (April 2018 to March 2019). With that in mind, the only disappointing quarter was the first one. Last quarter was pretty good actually (3.2m). So far, it shipped 5.1m this FY, and if we are to believe it can ship 10m on holidays, then the rest would be up to Q4, which will benefit from a late release from Smash and the release of NSMBU.

That said, I think 19m shipped is more realistic than 20m, as I expect about 4m shipped in Q4.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Keiji said:

Probably.

Definitely. Ps4 sells a fuck ton more games digitally then switch or ps4. 90m install base. They can't compete. 

Didn't think of that. So yes.

Keiji said:
Kerotan said:

Definitely. Ps4 sells a fuck ton more games digitally then switch or ps4. 90m install base. They can't compete. 

I meant to say it sells more then switch or xbox. I said switch or ps4 by mistake 

Kerotan said:
Keiji said:

I meant to say it sells more then switch or xbox. I said switch or ps4 by mistake 

I didn't even see the mistake.

CuCabeludo said:
Does it include digital? Physical retail sales alone are becoming mroe and more meaningless. More games selling digitally today.

Only retail, i think.

PS: i have all my games on disc : D