By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How to fix Star Fox

So, you're saying that they should.make a new Starfox game that doesn't suck. I think we can all agree with that.

Around the Network

I think Star Fox could have the best of both worlds. 

On-rails: When you first go to a planet, you are thrust into an on-rails section in which you must complete a portion of the story in an action-packed manner seen in previous titles. Once the mission is completed, add that mission to an Arcade Mode that allows you to replay the mission as often as you like.

Open World: Once you have beaten the story based missions in an area, you are free to roam the planet as you will. You can pick up side quests and discover secrets. 

That's just my opinion on what the future of Star Fox could be. It blends new and old together which will help keep the spirit of Star Fox intact while at the same time making the game feel more modern. It will make the series look more ambitious and exciting for those who have moved on from the series, and for those who have yet to try it.

Give it to Ubisoft have them basically make starlink 2 but with no toys, only star fox characters and a handful of linear 64 style missions

I swear this topic was discussed with the same points in OP like a couple months back? or have I traveled to the future once in my life haha.

melbye said:
After playing Starlink i say make it an open-world game. It's quite frankly the most fun i've had with a Star Fox-related product

Lol i been saying it since freelancer come out asll those years ago, probably a good 12-15 years ago now.

Open world space missions + star fox adventures style land missions + a good story to go ontop and you got yourself a AAA game.

Plus Nintendo keep talking about wanting to bring their IP to TV, why not a star fox cartoon? (similar to that TMNT that come out in like 2012 gfx wise but more Nintendo friendly less grey and dark). That would get the next gen kids onboard and expand the game series.

Around the Network

its not really a secret that Star Fox only appeals to a niche audience. excluding 64 3D, there was a ten year gap between the last Star Fox game and zero, and i there werent many people asking for it. the only way to make Star Fox work would be to completely rewrite the formula entirely, and at that point they would be better off just making a new IP. look at Fire Emblem for example. when Awakening came out, they took a risk that it could fail and they would never take another game if it did. but they got lucky and people loved it, so now it has a huge fanbase and a bright future. but that didnt happen with Star Fox Zero. it was okay but people ultimately didnt like it, and that was after Miyamoto himself poured everything into this game to keep it true to his original vision for Star Fox. so thats it, we should let Star Fox collect dust and forget about it

Starlink is good insight how next game should be, next StarFox could borow plenty of things from Starlink.

collint0101 said:
Give it to Ubisoft have them basically make starlink 2 but with no toys, only star fox characters and a handful of linear 64 style missions

Yeah, this would worked.

I think a Kid Icarus´ style-game would work well with Star Fox.
A new story is needed, even if it means bring new characters and put some old favorites in different roles.