By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Since LoD is talked on this site I decided to finally play it

This game just got a 6.5 on VGC.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
vivster said:
I summon that guy from Brazil!

The one day he doesn't show.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

COKTOE said:

I was the guy who gave it a 6.5. I can sort of see how LoD gathered a loyal cult following ...but man the game was released on the golden era for the genre. Chrono Cross, FFIX, Xenogears, Suikoden II etc. In truth LoD was a slightly above average offering, The story was pedestrian, it had a cool battle system but  other games were better in that regard and about the only good thing that the game could do was the FMVs and stellar graphics thanks to the high production values. There were many better JRPGs in those days IMO.

vivster said:

S.Peelman said:
vivster said:

What’s taking him so long anyway.

kirby007 said:
@bralod u failboss get in here

lonerism said:
BraLoD my brazilian mate, land of Gretchen memes and political chaos hahaha

DakonBlackblade said:
The one thread made specifically for BraLoD and he hasnt showed up yet.

That group effort chanting worked!

BraLoD said:
That battle has a very easy way to be beaten.
The real eneny has a different shadow size under his fee
t, you can tell where it is every single time.
Also he uses less the weak kunai throw, his ilussions seem to love it, lol.
By the way you are VERY close to one of the coolest moments of the game, beat that weak bastard, then the next battle and enjoy it.

^-^
Giveing away the secrets!

Also people saying you need to grind or cheat.... really? common now.

SammyGiireal said:
COKTOE said:

I was the guy who gave it a 6.5. I can sort of see how LoD gathered a loyal cult following ...but man the game was released on the golden era for the genre. Chrono Cross, FFIX, Xenogears, Suikoden II etc. In truth LoD was a slightly above average offering, The story was pedestrian, it had a cool battle system but  other games were better in that regard and about the only good thing that the game could do was the FMVs and stellar graphics thanks to the high production values. There were many better JRPGs in those days IMO.

I know it was you. Your name is attached to it after all. :) Fair play on your opinion. At least you played it. I never had the.....pleasure?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
SammyGiireal said:

Nah, Chrono Cross doesn't come even close honestly.

FFIX is amazing, I'll give you that, it really is.

LoD story was also grandiose, it knows how to progress, introduce things, pace events, be interesting, and specially be moving.

Not taking you opinions out of you, just sharing mine as well.

Whoa, whoa, whoa!  Hold your tongue!

Chrono Cross is amazing and is one of my top games of all time!  The fact that there has not been a third entry to this franchise kills me.  The only real flaw the game had was lack of character development for most of its over populated cast.

The story itself was very deep, and screw you haters, it fit nicely with the story of the game before it, Chrono Trigger.  Just because it was what some fans did not want, does not make it any less amazing!

LoD was a great game, but I lost interest over half way through.  You know what game did keep me drawn in?  CHRONO CROSS!

And that sir, is all I have to say about that!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

m0ney said:

on my PSP, but a few hours in I was owned by the semi boss who triples itself. I was actually doing very good in that I guessed correctly who was the real one the first 4 or 5 times! but in the end I stood no chance anyway and have no desire to go back and grind for this boss. I may watch a lets play from this point in game. It is a shame, this game sucked me in but unfortunately the typical flaws of the classic JRPGs stopped me quite early on.

I did a similar thing with Lost Odessey. I never even heard of that game until joining this site. I am no big fan of JRPGs however LO is like Final Fantasy on crack. Its actually really impressive and the Battle system is very engaging.

Its a very good JRPG from what i hear from others who played it. Im only 1/3 into the game. I should finish it.

BraLoD said:
SammyGiireal said:

LoD story was also grandiose, it knows how to progress, introduce things, pace events, be interesting, and specially be moving.

Your signature is good Rose is the only character I liked. Again I can see how the game could get rabid cult, myself I love The Granstream Saga a game that probably deserves 5.0-6.0 scores but flaws and all I find it one of my fave games ever. LoD at the time it was released was an above average RPG with superb production values which is why metacritic in its heyday wasn't kind  either. With a good conscience I can't say that it was better than Chrono Cross but that's my opinion.

COKTOE said:
SammyGiireal said:

I know it was you. Your name is attached to it after all. :) Fair play on your opinion. At least you played it. I never had the.....pleasure?

There a much better JRPGs to play, but there are worst too. I had an obsession with collectiong and finishing RPGs back in the 90s and early 00's so I played it till the end. 

Shiken said:
BraLoD said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa!  Hold your tongue!

Chrono Cross is amazing and is one of my top games of all time!  The fact that there has not been a third entry to this franchise kills me.  The only real flaw the game had was lack of character development for most of its over populated cast.

The story itself was very deep, and screw you haters, it fit nicely with the story of the game before it, Chrono Trigger.  Just because it was what some fans did not want, does not make it any less amazing!

LoD was a great game, but I lost interest over half way through.  You know what game did keep me drawn in?  CHRONO CROSS!

And that sir, is all I have to say about that!

I have never forgiven Square for not following up the series with a third iteration either. Both Chrono games are ATG games...then again the SquareEnix of today is a far cry from the Squaresoft of 94-02 perhaps it is for the best that the Chrono series is never resurrected as I fear they would ruin its good name.