By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - NSFW Discussion - Unattractive males face rejection by society?

Lonely_Dolphin said:
VAMatt said:
I disagree pretty much completely with the o p. The big determining factor in success, whether that be success in employment, personal relationships, or whatever, is self confidence. If one lacks self-confidence, all that stuff in the OP applies. That is true regardless of the person's physical attractiveness.

With that said, I will grant it is probably a little bit easier for an attractive person to maintain their self confidence. There are going to be more ego-boosts for an attractive person, and that's certainly helpful.

I don't get what being self confident does for one outside of feeling good about themselves. I mean even if you think highly of yourself that doesn't mean other people will.

Self confidence goes a long way...if Marc Anthony spent his whole life sulking about being unattractive he would have never made it being rich and famous which in turn helped date and marry Super models and actresses. Plenty of self confident beautiful people never make it either so Luck plays a part...but whether you are a Genetically gifted Chris Hemsworth looking guy or a guy in other end  like Adam Driver being self confident can only help your possibilities.

Around the Network

Rab said:
Women in the long run don't need a man to be attractive physically, they want them to be attractive emotionally financially

Fixed that for you.

If you got big money, many zeroes in your bank account, you don't need to be a young model to grab a hot 18 year old latin pussy. You can do it easily even in your 40-50s.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
VAMatt said:
I disagree pretty much completely with the o p. The big determining factor in success, whether that be success in employment, personal relationships, or whatever, is self confidence. If one lacks self-confidence, all that stuff in the OP applies. That is true regardless of the person's physical attractiveness.

With that said, I will grant it is probably a little bit easier for an attractive person to maintain their self confidence. There are going to be more ego-boosts for an attractive person, and that's certainly helpful.

I don't get what being self confident does for one outside of feeling good about themselves. I mean even if you think highly of yourself that doesn't mean other people will.

Self confidence is given off through body language among other things. It's not a wishy washy aura or vibe thing. Body language is very real in terms of being scientifically observable, and many of the times it tells more about the person than the actual words they use.

Some people can hide it well, but most will show what they are feeling through their body language. Things like good posture, a smile, the ability to look a person in the eyes, etc show confidence. And that is inviting versus a person that is sullen and looks defeated (I am sure you've seen people like this). And the tone the person uses when speaking goes further to cement that confidence.

It can be a real turnoff for friends, potential partners and even family if they're dragged into someone else's misery by simply standing around that person, so people gravitate towards those who have confidence. As a person who's struggled with depression, I've had talks about this with friends, partners, family, and even a therapist. People in all of these groups have confirmed this to me.

And even though I am not god's gift to anyone, I am no way near unattractive. It's something I work on daily, because blaming depression and having a defeated attitude is very unattractive to me so why would I expect others to gravitate toward me if I am displaying qualities and attitudes even I find unattractive?

Sounds like OP needs to work on himself and his confidence.

Around the Network

My friend is short, chubby, unattractive and has burn marks on his face. However he exudes a lot of confidence and personality so he always gets attention from the ladies.

I believe that whining is probably the least attractive trait a person can have. No offense to you of course, I've also been down the route of complaining and whining and trust me, even as an attractive guy it turns off women and generally people away from you. Just be yourself and be confident and trust me no one will think of you as a loser, even if you don't have looks. Like many have said, personality and confidence is probably the biggest turn on/ attractive trait someone can have.

Attractiveness is completely subjective anyways. I went through 22 years or so of my life thinking I was unattractive, one day I decided I was actually really attractive and that was that. And it can always be worked on, rich people in particular can always get cosmetic surgery. But anyone who is willing to put in the effort can improve themselves through gym, hygiene, clothes, top notch pictures, and style.

The problem is just that unattractive people (in general) don't care about their looks. There is a huge difference between someone at their worst versus someone at their best. When someone isn't taking care of themself, it's easy to infer how they might make you feel by being around them.

Mid 30s and never dated anyone. It is a tough position, I would not wish this onto anyone.

There are very few attractive people especially in the real world. Game is way more important in general.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P