By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Friends, gamers, VR players lend me your.. opinions on Playstation VR.

I wish I found this thread before starting one a week or so ago. I had been on the fence on whether I should jump in now or wait till next generation. I've made up my mind and pre-ordered the Borderlands II VR bundle that releases on the 14th. I will be throwing in Astro Bot, Moss, Drive Club, Skyrim, Farpoint, Resident Evil 7 Gold, Until Dawn, Preta, Crystal Rift, Firewall and Discovery. Hopefully I can enjoy without motion sickness. The thing that convinced me was the 50 + games releasing in 2019 (many look really impressive).

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
DroidKnight said:
I wish I found this thread before starting one a week or so ago. I had been on the fence on whether I should jump in now or wait till next generation. I've made up my mind and pre-ordered the Borderlands II VR bundle that releases on the 14th. I will be throwing in Astro Bot, Moss, Drive Club, Skyrim, Farpoint, Resident Evil 7 Gold, Until Dawn, Preta, Crystal Rift, Firewall and Discovery. Hopefully I can enjoy without motion sickness. The thing that convinced me was the 50 + games releasing in 2019 (many look really impressive).

You should wait or holding off Drive Club. It’s pretty bad in terms of motion sickness and image quality. I could recommend you dozens of better games.

I can also recommend the PSVR subreddit on Reddit for great advice, tips on games and everything you need to know.

Here on VGC only very few people have extensive experience with VR/PSVR.

DroidKnight said:

While not as good as the BF deals that bundle is still a great way to get into VR imo.

If you want to ease yourself into it you should start with demos/short movies without locomotion, like

Tumble VR, Headmaster, Super Hyper Cube, Statik, Job Simulator, Gnog, Moss, Allumette, Invasion, Crow, most of the Playroom VR mini-games (the Astro Bot prototype "Robot Rescue" is not locomotion free) and ofcourse Beat Saber from your bundle and there are many more.

demos with (imo) very mild locomotion are: Robot Rescue/Astro Bot, Until Dawn, Thumper, Rez Infinite, VR Worlds deep sea, Star Child etc

And remember to just stop if you feel uncomfortable, never try to "push through" , also ginger seems to prevent motion sickness for many ppl. My PSVR v2 at first gave me headaches because it was too tight, but after several sessions the rubber stretched enough and now I have no problems playing for several hours per session.

Errorist76 said:
DroidKnight said:

You should wait or holding off Drive Club. It’s pretty bad in terms of motion sickness and image quality. I could recommend you dozens of better games.

I can also recommend the PSVR subreddit on Reddit for great advice, tips on games and everything you need to know.

You can always give DC a try if it's cheap. It's well worth it when you get used to the visuals and don't suffer from motion sickness ofcourse. Dirt Rally is the better looking and not as fast so maybe less prone to motion sickness.

I'm looking forward to Borderlands 2, hopefully my back will be better by then so I can enjoy it. Beware Astro bot, Moss and RE7 may raise your expectations a bit much if played first :) I still haven't seen a horror game as engaging as RE7 in VR.

SvennoJ said:
Errorist76 said:

You can always give DC a try if it's cheap. It's well worth it when you get used to the visuals and don't suffer from motion sickness ofcourse. Dirt Rally is the better looking and not as fast so maybe less prone to motion sickness.

on my PS4 poor the DC VR (demo) visuals are really atrocious, I can hardly make out the next corner as it's all so blurry

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
SvennoJ said:

on my PS4 poor the DC VR (demo) visuals are really atrocious, I can hardly make out the next corner as it's all so blurry

It's the first game I played before I had a pro. However I had played the other version so much I already knew every track inside and out. It's not much better on the pro unfortunately, just a few extra small lighting effects.

I made a comparison back then between pancake and VR mode

It takes a bit getting used to blown up to all around you, resolution is rough in VR.

Errorist76 said:

Thanks, I will try Dirt Rally and Wipeout first for racing.

John2290 said:

Can't go wrong with those games but I agree with Errorist, stay away from Driveclub until you'veplayed everything else. You could well play a dozen games before one triggers motion sickness at which point you'll have to start taking breaks for a week or two or longer if you don't play every day and if you're already into some great games those 15 minute breaks can be a pain in the ass but it really is best that you do take them and not try to push through because of an addictive game. I hit the floor thinking I was pushing against the wall in doom VfR because of a full day of trying to push through the motion sickness. It hardned me to it fairly well me but it was very unpleasant and I could well have broken my headset or my head itself. 

I hope to build up slowly and get my VR legs.

Lafiel said:

While not as good as the BF deals that bundle is still a great way to get into VR imo.

If you want to ease yourself into it you should start with demos/short movies without locomotion, like

Tumble VR, Headmaster, Super Hyper Cube, Statik, Job Simulator, Gnog, Moss, Allumette, Invasion, Crow, most of the Playroom VR mini-games (the Astro Bot prototype "Robot Rescue" is not locomotion free) and ofcourse Beat Saber from your bundle and there are many more.

demos with (imo) very mild locomotion are: Robot Rescue/Astro Bot, Until Dawn, Thumper, Rez Infinite, VR Worlds deep sea, Star Child etc

And remember to just stop if you feel uncomfortable, never try to "push through" , also ginger seems to prevent motion sickness for many ppl. My PSVR v2 at first gave me headaches because it was too tight, but after several sessions the rubber stretched enough and now I have no problems playing for several hours per session.

Great advice, and good list of titles.  Thanks.

SvennoJ said:
Errorist76 said:

I'm looking forward to Borderlands 2, hopefully my back will be better by then so I can enjoy it. Beware Astro bot, Moss and RE7 may raise your expectations a bit much if played first :) I still haven't seen a horror game as engaging as RE7 in VR.

I will save the best for last.  

I should be receiving my bundle on Monday the 17th and I'm really hyped.  Thanks again for all the positive feedback.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.