By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo of Russia CEO Is A Jerk

CaptainExplosion said:
Faelco said:

Not in front of cameras, sure, or maybe not Iwata. But I'm working in Japan, and I can tell you, yelling, insulting, threatening people below you is everyday stuff here for a lot of bosses. They even have a lot of very specific and catchy terms to say stuff like power, sexual and pregnancy harassment ("matahara" for this one, classy), or also their "black companies" who hire young white collar workers with the objective of making them work in insane conditions (basically modern slavery, with the insults, harassment and threats) until they die or quit (and if they quit, the company tries to keep them from finding another job). "Death by overwork" is an actual realistic risk for workers here, so no, Japan is not paradise compared to Russia. Impossible. You would have to compare it to historical slavery to call it paradise.

Anyone remembers what Konami did to Kojima? Paradise...

At least they wouldn't have sent gay employees to Chechnya where they'd be put in death camps.

AsGryffynn said:
Russians don't do political correctness. They teach you to swear like a sailor by age 8.

And drink like one I bet. =P

They drink more than one actually. 

Faelco said:
CaptainExplosion said:

At least they wouldn't have sent gay employees to Chechnya where they'd be put in death camps.

Come on. There are no gays in Japan! I mean, just like there are no homeless people in Japan... It's the official version. They're not sent to camps, everyone just pretends they don't exist, and they better not remind others that they do. They're not even at the "let's fight for our rights" phase, but still at the "let's stay in the closet all our life because society considers it abnormal". I even had "funny" conversations with Japanese people who just barely understood what homosexuality was and why it was a subject in other countries... Less violent maybe, not more advanced or humanist. 

We Spanish have a term for that "pais rico de gente pobre" or "rich country of poor people". To us, it's essentially a description of the US, Latin America and South Korea and Japan... also, recently, Britain. Essentially, there is a lot of poverty in this countries, not because they are poor (save a handful in Middle America and countries in crisis like Nicaragua or Venezuela), but because societal problems literally go past the people there. Officially, there are no poor people in Japan or South Korea, poverty in the US is non existent and people in Colombia don't know what's poverty... Then you go to the countries, see poor people in Colombia, and then visit Korea expecting no poor people or no slums... then you find there are plenty, and if there aren't slums for poor people to live in, you see them sleeping in the streets instead. It's unbelievable. 

And their problems are simply treated as if they didn't exist. Compare and contrast actual poor countries like Cuba, where despite the bad economic situation, there are no homeless, hungry, illiterate or sick people anywhere, even if the whole country looks like it's frozen in 1964. 

CaptainExplosion said:
Faelco said:

Come on. There are no gays in Japan! I mean, just like there are no homeless people in Japan... It's the official version. They're not sent to camps, everyone just pretends they don't exist, and they better not remind others that they do. They're not even at the "let's fight for our rights" phase, but still at the "let's stay in the closet all our life because society considers it abnormal". I even had "funny" conversations with Japanese people who just barely understood what homosexuality was and why it was a subject in other countries... Less violent maybe, not more advanced or humanist. 

So still better than Russia. :)

The first communist state can't possibly have worse labor legislation than Japan. 

CaptainExplosion said:
Faelco said:

Not really, since you're really exaggerating the situation in Russia. You hate Russia, don't you?

You even changed the subject to try to find one aspect where you can say your "Russia is worse", because you were disappointed about the fact that it wasn't the case on the original subject... 

I did, because of how horridly Russia treats homosexuals and non-Christians, Russian-backed rebels in Ukraine shot down a plane full of civilians so the Russian government blocked investigation into it, Russian hackers got the worst president of the United States ever elected, and their influence over Chechnya has lead to the first death camps for gays to open since Nazi Germany.

Nintendo of Russia's CEO is further proof of how horrible Russia is.

Keep in mind I don't hate ALL Russians, I just find it really hard to find any Russians who aren't as awful as the stereotype makes them out to be.

The homosexuals issue is mostly a far right/Church fad. Since Putin needed the support of the Orthodox church, he essentially let Kirill have some input into the state, thus you get puritanical stuff like the anti-gay propaganda law. Homosexuals can do all they want so long as they aren't putting adverts about homosexuality targeting minors in the Moscow metro (and this law applies to all of Russia, but Far Eastern and Crimean/Black Sea authorities, like Uralic and White Sea governments, act as if it didn't exist. It's seldom enforced beyond the Caucasus, the Islamic Republics and the capital city, mostly because most people and most regional governments don't give a rat's ass about this. 

Also, this state literally has a Jewish okrug (essentially, a Jewish Collectivity), Rodnover/Neopagan regions bordering Finland and Norway, Buddhist megaregions (the districts) in the Far East and a handful of Muslim states with de facto Sharia law (Chechnya). Attacking non Christians has never been a thing in their country. The only incidents involving discrimination towards minorities take place in the very backwards cities nearing Rostov, which is coincidentally on the Ukrainian border where the plane incident happened. 

And Russian backed rebels did the shooting down in an area with no flight zone status. What the pilots thought by flying over a war zone is beyond me. 

And don't bullshit me with your "Russia made Trump win" horse shit. They essentially did something I could've done with twenty minutes in front of a laptop. If this is hacking, then you can hack elections too. Also, being in favor of DNC emails staying secret when they revealed how rotten the party was/is (maybe) shows how retarded your people are. I'd be thanking them for griefing Clinton and the DNC. They had it coming. 

Even then, there's the fact Trump has yet not launched new military campaigns. This alone means Dubya remains far worse, even if Trump decided he wants to enter the Nixon list. 

One more thing... if it wasn't for Russia, your bloodthirsty region would be worse. The reason they can get away with the shit they do in Chechnya was part of the compromise made during the armed revolt when both parties agreed to sign a peace treaty if Chechnya was devomaxed for people like Kadyrov, who essentially turned it into a Sharia state within Putin's country. As a result, the man cannot touch anything in Chechen territory unless he wants to cause another war in the back door of the Federation. This has always been a Kadyrov thing, not a Putin one. 

Around the Network

See, accountability does not exist in Russia. You don't answer to anyone. If anything, you only answer to the state if you try to make someone answer to someone else. That's how Russia works. You can be a jackass and nobody will care.