By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 5 years of PS4 - let's celebrate

If PS5 is BC, PS4 sales will nose dive.

Around the Network
Random_Matt said:

Nah. It'll be, at most, $199 then. Possibly $149 near the end. That'll help alleviate much of the decline YOY.

Keiji said:
VAMatt said:
131.5 LT, assuming PS5, a clear new generation, launches in 2020. Loser changes their Avatar to poop emoji for 3 months.

Lol no. Friendly bet.

I say 131.5 LT too

Okay, friendly bet it is.

If anyone on here wants to do the 💩 Avatar bet, let me know.

thismeintiel said:
Random_Matt said:

Nah. It'll be, at most, $199 then. Possibly $149 near the end. That'll help alleviate much of the decline YOY.

Yes, and majority of people who buy a cheap PS4 with a big "catalogue" are not the same than those who buy a brand new console.

Damn 5 years passed fast.

Around the Network
KazumaKiryu said:
Next year will be especially interesting for PS4-owners: Kingdom Hearts 3, Ghost of Tsushima, Dreath Stranding, Resident Evil 2 Remake, The Last of Us 2, Shenmue 3, Granblue Fantasy, Devil may Cry 5, new Dead or Alive, One Piece World Seekers, Jump Force, Left Alive, Tales of Vesperia, Days Gone and so many more new games :)

TLOU2 and Ghost Of Tsushima are unlikely to release next year.

Sony's first party support has been at Nintendo levels for the past few years. Their third party support has standard AAA games, but also gets all these awesome Japanese developed games that often fail to show up on other platforms *cough* XB1 *cough*. Then add in PSVR, which is a damned good accessory, and has two amazing games built just for it. And PS5 won't be coming out in 2019, due to no Sony at E3 this year. So PS4 still has a good two to three more years in it. PS4 should sell 120 million units lifetime. If it doesn't something is wrong with the gaming world.

Errorist76 said:
KazumaKiryu said:
Next year will be especially interesting for PS4-owners: Kingdom Hearts 3, Ghost of Tsushima, Dreath Stranding, Resident Evil 2 Remake, The Last of Us 2, Shenmue 3, Granblue Fantasy, Devil may Cry 5, new Dead or Alive, One Piece World Seekers, Jump Force, Left Alive, Tales of Vesperia, Days Gone and so many more new games :)

TLOU2 and Ghost Of Tsushima are unlikely to release next year.

I am sure that "Ghost of Tsushima" will be released at the end of 2019 :) The team has been working very hard and diligently for many years, 2019 would be really cool :)

The Last of Us 2, maybe your are right.. march 2020 ? "Days Gone" appears in april 2019.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Sony's first party support has been at Nintendo levels for the past few years. Their third party support has standard AAA games, but also gets all these awesome Japanese developed games that often fail to show up on other platforms *cough* XB1 *cough*. Then add in PSVR, which is a damned good accessory, and has two amazing games built just for it. And PS5 won't be coming out in 2019, due to no Sony at E3 this year. So PS4 still has a good two to three more years in it. PS4 should sell 120 million units lifetime. If it doesn't something is wrong with the gaming world.

I think so too, interesting thoughts.

I can't find the thread about predict PS4 lifetime sale, anyone ??

The first console I ever bought at launch I was excited and have never ever been let down. Some of my all time favorite game experiences are now been on the PS4 such as Uncharted, Doom, BloodBorne, GOW, Spiderman, and so many more, what I felt most of all though was and is that Sony as much as it can has listened to the gamer's which in turn has allowed the management to say see if we give them what they want they will buy it and they will be happy, and so far I am.