By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Devs Do You Wanna See Try Which Genres?

Not so much a genre as an IP. I've said for a while that Naughty Dog would be perfect for a full effort Bond game.

Beyond that, Klei can keep acing every genre they touch. Looking forward to their upcoming RPG.

Around the Network

I have a developer working on a specific franchise, FROM Software making a Castlevania

I'm a Team Ninja gamer all the way. I've always wanted to see them open up the library of characters available in the DoA franchise. I would love to see an espionage title with Christie as the main character including Bayman and Leon. A wrestling game (which has been stale for decades) starring Bass and Tina with Lisa. Possibly a Ninja Gaiden world with Kasumi and Ayane as the stars and Hayate and Hayabusa as guest playables.

I just think the execution of both franchises are as fluid and responsive as the best of them. I don't know what engine they use but whatever it is, it's phenomenal.

There's so much potential with those characters. I'd also like to see a hack n slash Scorpion title where he hunts down Sub Zero

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

If only Naughty Dog could develop SOCOM 5, I would be a happy man.

I want to see a full Western RPG set in Zelda universe, but not be a Zelda game with Link playable. Something along the lines of Shadow of Mordor/War. Make up a brand new character, maybe while Link is asleep or yet to be revealed, etc.

Around the Network

SuperRetroTurbo said:
I'm a Team Ninja gamer all the way. I've always wanted to see them open up the library of characters available in the DoA franchise. I would love to see an espionage title with Christie as the main character including Bayman and Leon. A wrestling game (which has been stale for decades) starring Bass and Tina with Lisa. Possibly a Ninja Gaiden world with Kasumi and Ayane as the stars and Hayate and Hayabusa as guest playables.

I just think the execution of both franchises are as fluid and responsive as the best of them. I don't know what engine they use but whatever it is, it's phenomenal.

There's so much potential with those characters. I'd also like to see a hack n slash Scorpion title where he hunts down Sub Zero

That'd be awesome! Like a spiritual successor to Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks. :)

Exactly. I picture Scorpions whipping around his spear in a 3D environment with heat seeking/lock-on capabilities so the enemy wouldn't necessarily need to be directly in front of you. I imagined a level where he's in a forest and there's ninja enemies hiding in tree tops and Scorpion rips them down with the spear. Obviously that would be his default weapon with the sword he wields in the newer games. 

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

Turn 10 making a Rhythm game, possibly one which utilizes the X1 force feedback wheel as an instrument, could use the pedals as kick drums and the wheel to try to wring as much money from your fans as you possibly can before they leave the concert.

Maybe.... if Rockstar made a sports game... something crazy like table tennis!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

CaptainExplosion said:
TallSilhouette said:
Not so much a genre as an IP. I've said for a while that Naughty Dog would be perfect for a full effort Bond game.

Beyond that, Klei can keep acing every genre they touch. Looking forward to their upcoming RPG.

What's their upcoming RPG?

Wouldn't a Bond game work best as an FPS like GoldenEye, and has Naughty Dog ever even done an FPS?

Griftlands: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWKVaMDOC4k

Who says Bond has to be an FPS? Everything or Nothing was well received. An action packed adventure TPS would be right up ND's alley.

CaptainExplosion said:
Ganoncrotch said:
Turn 10 making a Rhythm game, possibly one which utilizes the X1 force feedback wheel as an instrument, could use the pedals as kick drums and the wheel to try to wring as much money from your fans as you possibly can before they leave the concert.

Maybe.... if Rockstar made a sports game... something crazy like table tennis!

*smacks you*

Then again, what if they did a fighting game or a simulator? Surely they have to be good at something BESIDES open world games.

realistically though... you look at the money coming in from RDR2 and GTAV you have to think that any time spent at rockstar not on those 2 IPs is basically wasted guaranteed cash in their bank. Would be weird though to play something completely wacky from them just a completely different type of game, a more narrative story based game like Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty by rockstar with the crazy amount of detail that Rockstar adds to games like GTAV or RDR2, would just like to see how a different dev would make that game in particular.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

melbye said:
I have a developer working on a specific franchise, FROM Software making a Castlevania

Oh yes.

That will probably never happen though.