Forums - Sony Discussion - Supermassive Games working on several unannounced PS4 exclusives

Makes sense. AAA game and a psvr game before the gen is out. These are the type of games sony should be filling up the remainder of the gen with. Save the heavy hitters like god of war 2, horizon 2 and gran tourism 7 for the ps5.

Around the Network

They have lately been pulling a Telltales and Platinum Games. First few games hits critical success (Walking Dead, Vanquish, Until Dawn) and they then decide to get a ton of deals with various publishers that spreads them way too thin. Not Good.

I LOVE Until Dawn, I like The Inpatient, Hidden Agendas and Rush of Blood. Their VR shooter was trash and I am questioning the quality of this new Dark Chronicles of which I will be giving a shot. Nothing since Until Dawn has had that same layer of depth and presence, all have been smaller shorter experiences. UD crafted a very good tale of characters to hate (Fuck Emily) and love (everyone else). I need their next endeavor to be on that same level.

And as far as what they should be working on, Until Dawn 2 is a must. I want the surviving until morning to be the main goal of UD Anthology, but their stories be mostly separate. Would not be opposed to a AHS scenario where the cast is reused to some degree as different characters. Albeit most of the cast is very typecast in certain roles.

The Death of Telltales might leave a vacuum for Supermassive to corner this Genre of game. Just please god don't try and do annual releases :P

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Too bad :(

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

forevercloud3000 said:
They have lately been pulling a Telltales and Platinum Games. First few games hits critical success (Walking Dead, Vanquish, Until Dawn) and they then decide to get a ton of deals with various publishers that spreads them way too thin. Not Good.

I LOVE Until Dawn, I like The Inpatient, Hidden Agendas and Rush of Blood. Their VR shooter was trash and I am questioning the quality of this new Dark Chronicles of which I will be giving a shot. Nothing since Until Dawn has had that same layer of depth and presence, all have been smaller shorter experiences. UD crafted a very good tale of characters to hate (Fuck Emily) and love (everyone else). I need their next endeavor to be on that same level.

And as far as what they should be working on, Until Dawn 2 is a must. I want the surviving until morning to be the main goal of UD Anthology, but their stories be mostly separate. Would not be opposed to a AHS scenario where the cast is reused to some degree as different characters. Albeit most of the cast is very typecast in certain roles.

The Death of Telltales might leave a vacuum for Supermassive to corner this Genre of game. Just please god don't try and do annual releases :P

You like Telltales and these developers. Did you also play "Quantic Dreams" games? ("Detroit Become Human", "Beyond Two Souls", "Heavy Rain")? That would be interesting for me.

ps: I love your signature! Very pretty :) Greetings

The Last of Us 2, so beautiful <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dowuwdxzblM

My wishes for "Until Dawn 2":

A bigger world with 3 playable main characters as in "Detroit: Become Human", again with snow, a cozy wood house with forest and lake. The characters should be more profound. And I would not mind any fantasy elements. Or Fantasy-Monsters :)

Around the Network
KazumaKiryu said:
forevercloud3000 said:

You like Telltales and these developers. Did you also play "Quantic Dreams" games? ("Detroit Become Human", "Beyond Two Souls", "Heavy Rain")? That would be interesting for me.

Oh I love all of Quantic Dream's works. I think they are the best at this Craft with Supermassive coming second, then DOTNOD.  Am currently going back through Detroit, which continues to give new insights.  

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
KazumaKiryu said:

Oh I love all of Quantic Dream's works. I think they are the best at this Craft with Supermassive coming second, then DOTNOD.  Am currently going back through Detroit, which continues to give new insights.  

No problem :) I share your thoughts!

I think so too.

I think supermassives problem lately, is they don't have trust that people can play VR games in a normal way. They design things to be slow, have limited movement, too much hand holding and under developed freedom of movement.

I hope they come around to the way things like resident evil 7, Skyrim and farpoint bring, otherwise they will leave themselves behind as a VR developer.

Please let it be Until Dawn 2 and Rush of Blood 2. And for god’s sake take your time!

That said...where does this statement say they’re working on PS4 games again?

Errorist76 said:

That said...where does this statement say they’re working on PS4 games again?

http://4pda.ru/2018/11/05/354372/