By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Supermassive Games working on several unannounced PS4 exclusives

Until Dawn 2, a VR-Game, The Dark Pictures and/or another new ip ... ? Supermassive Games have big plans for the future.

Supermassive Games has a history of working on PlayStation-exclusive projects, with its highest acclaimed title being the 2015-released Until Dawn. Supermassive Games managing director Pete Samuels confirmed that the company has several PlayStation-exclusive titles in the works.

Well, our relationship with Sony is still excellent,” Samuels told one website. “We are working on several unannounced PlayStation exclusives. True, it is impossible to talk about them in detail." The Dark Pictures is a multi-title and coming 2019, the other games will be released exclusively on PlayStation.

Around the Network

sounds interesting, wonder when we will hear about the games officially and release dates, as i don't think ps5 is that far away

Hope for something in the vein of Until Dark cause that game was really fun. Excited to see what their recently announced games The Dark Pictures look like.

It's great that the studio likes horror games :)
And Until Dawn (2) has a lot of potential. Hope the best!
But I found "Detroit: Become Human" better in all aspects than the first "Until Dawn" (gameplay-possibilities, story, characters, atmosphere, graphic/details, soundtracks), that's why I recommend you the game, it's the best in this genre currently.

I'm hoping for an Until Dawn sequel.

Around the Network
PotentHerbs said:

The chances are good, I think :)

Which worlds would you like to have in a new "Until Dawn" game?

KazumaKiryu said:
PotentHerbs said:

The chances are good, I think :)

Which worlds would you like to have in a new "Until Dawn" game?

A Lovecraft mythos sounds really intriguing. Perhaps even a slasher, maybe something in the vein of Halloween, with multiple perspectives! 

for a while i thought they turned their back on PS
i am glad to hear this!

Makes sense. AAA game and a psvr game before the gen is out. These are the type of games sony should be filling up the remainder of the gen with. Save the heavy hitters like god of war 2, horizon 2 and gran tourism 7 for the ps5.

They have lately been pulling a Telltales and Platinum Games. First few games hits critical success (Walking Dead, Vanquish, Until Dawn) and they then decide to get a ton of deals with various publishers that spreads them way too thin. Not Good.

I LOVE Until Dawn, I like The Inpatient, Hidden Agendas and Rush of Blood. Their VR shooter was trash and I am questioning the quality of this new Dark Chronicles of which I will be giving a shot. Nothing since Until Dawn has had that same layer of depth and presence, all have been smaller shorter experiences. UD crafted a very good tale of characters to hate (Fuck Emily) and love (everyone else). I need their next endeavor to be on that same level.

And as far as what they should be working on, Until Dawn 2 is a must. I want the surviving until morning to be the main goal of UD Anthology, but their stories be mostly separate. Would not be opposed to a AHS scenario where the cast is reused to some degree as different characters. Albeit most of the cast is very typecast in certain roles.

The Death of Telltales might leave a vacuum for Supermassive to corner this Genre of game. Just please god don't try and do annual releases :P

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)