By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Possible Launch titles for next Xbox / overview of current MS Studios

Studio Last Game Release Date Release Date New Game
Rare Sea of Thieves 2018 Battletoads / 2019
Turn10 Forza Motosport 7 2017 ?
343 industries Halo 5: Guardians 2015 Halo: Infite / 2019
The Coalition Gears of War 4 2016 Gears 5 / 2019
Undead Labs State of Decay 2 2018 State of Decay 3 / ?
Playground Games Forza Horizon 4 2018 ?
Obsidian Entertainment Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire 2018 ?
inXile Games The Bard's Tale IV 2018 Wasteland 3 / 2019
The Initiative - - -
Compulsion Games We Happy Few 2018 ?
Ninja Theory Hellblade 2017 ?

Plus Mojang, who are obviously working on Minecraft and its expansions. It just refuses to die.

I think Ninja Theory, Playground Games with their 2nd team and Obsidian will start next gen for Microsoft with 2020 releases as launch titles for the next Xbox.

Your thoughts?

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

Think it's safe to assume Turn 10 are making Forza Motorsport 8. xD

Also I don't think they've given a release year for Halo Infinite.

Wasn't Battletoads generically labelled as Microsoft Studios ? I don't think Rare is working on it...

Luke888 said:
Wasn't Battletoads generically labelled as Microsoft Studios ? I don't think Rare is working on it...

Rare is just consulting on it not developing it as that is DLaLa Studios.

Halo infinite not coming 2019, perhaps 2020 at scarlet lauch.
Ixalan wasteland 3 coming 2019 is a good call.
Games from new studios will take some time, but perhaps some minor games from NT, U.labs, Compulsion or obsidian will be ready for scarlet at lauch. I can see NT working on many projects at the same time, 1-2 minor games and 1 big project.
Games from PG new studio and the Initiative will take quite some time, at least 4 years.

Around the Network

There's no Forza next year so we know Forza M8 is 2020 and Horizon 5 is 2021.
Also Playground has 2 teams on for Forza and on for Fable
InXile also has two teams.
Ninja Theory said their making multiple Hellblade quality games.
Rare is only consulting on Battletoads
And Halo doesn't have a release date yet.

FM and FH sequels are warranted and also we know they will come 2 years after the last one... for the other studios, I have no Idea, but good luck on giving Xbox Next good reveal games.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I don’t think anyone believes NextBox will come out in 2019. As others have said Forza 8 is confirmed to not come out in 2019 and I very much believe Halo Infinite to be a next gen title as well.

I don't believe next xbox is 2019. Holiday 2020 maybe. If halo infinite and gears 5 come out on xbox one first i believe they will be screwed next gen. They need to come out all guns blazing. Like never before or else they'll pale in comparison to their rivals. Halo infinite and gears 5 might be cross gen though.

Kerotan said:
I don't believe next xbox is 2019. Holiday 2020 maybe. If halo infinite and gears 5 come out on xbox one first i believe they will be screwed next gen. They need to come out all guns blazing. Like never before or else they'll pale in comparison to their rivals. Halo infinite and gears 5 might be cross gen though.

I expect Halo Infinite and Forza 8 to be launch titles for the next xbox. Possibly crossgen. Holiday 2020. Gears 5 on Xbox One won't screw them.