By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5: Leaked Design And Technology [RUMOUR]

Even if it's fake, I quite like both the design and the specs of that console. I'd take it!

Around the Network

It's true. All of it.

Just give me the backwards compatibility for all Playstation games (PS1-PS4 + PSP/Vita) and it will become the best console ever. Just imagine it being the ultimate Playstation console with all the classics. *-*

Spedfrom said:
Even if it's fake, I quite like both the design and the specs of that console. I'd take it!

Yea, I think the design is ok (wouldn't really notice it in my TV rack anyway) and >10Tf + Zen2 CPU for sub 500€ would be a nice deal in 2019 imo, especially with full PS4 bc. While this falls squarely into what forum dwellers already "expect" of next gen, I'd be really happy if it came true.

PS4 fused with X1? I call it BS.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Pretty sure it is fake. Only 2gig for OS and apps and 14 for games ? Whoever made this definitely seem to get this wrong.

exclusive_console said:

Pretty sure it is fake. Only 2gig for OS and apps and 14 for games ? Whoever made this definitely seem to get this wrong.

2 GB is enough for a console OS. Is not like people will use several applications at once like a PC. But it doesn't actually states it, it only states that 14 out of 16 GB will be made available for developers inicially.

I can see these specs fitting in a 500 bucks budget device by 2020. They are very feasible.

CuCabeludo said:
exclusive_console said:

2 GB is enough for a console OS. Is not like people will use several applications at once like a PC. But it doesn't actually states it, it only states that 14 out of 16 GB will be made available for developers inicially.

Games and great exclusives personally for me is more important than OS having more features or UI. I have no interest in streaming. I do not want a console to behave like a computer. Having said that slick user interface, having multiple apps open or switching between them, streaming stuff. I think will be given importance too.

EricHiggin said:

While on one hand with XB trying to make all their consoles look similar so the customer can physically see the connection between them, PS has said they wish to remain with the typical generational change, which should mean a completely different looking console like in the past.

As for the specs, with a late 2019 25th anniversary launch, I'd say they probably wouldn't be all that far off at 6 Ryzen cores and Navi around 10TF, on 10nm-7nm, but I have a hard time believing it's Zen 2.  Ryzen, or maybe Ryzen+, but not Ryzen 2. That line of CPU's won't launch until early to mid 2019, so that would be way to new to go into a PS5 6 months or a year later. Also too many ports. Maybe for dev kits, but not for retail. 2TB should be the absolute min for the base console since Pro is already getting 2TB models. I'd also assume a $499 price unless PS eats $100 per unit.

errrr...... MS tried to make their consoles across generations look similar? I think you are wrong on that one. The XB looked totaly different from the 360 whic was totally different from the XB1. Hell we could even argue that the XB1s looks totally different from the XB1.

A ryzen 7 1800x cpu (8 cores and 16 threads, 14nm) currently retails for around $250. That means sony can get it for as little as $150 as an OEM or even less. And thats if they are building the PS5 to launch this year. And if you think the next gen consles will come with a 10TF GPU then you are in for a surprise.

Make no mistake, the PS5/XB2 will be using 7nm chips. AMDs range of chips are shifting to 7nm next year and the next gen consoles won't be coming till 2020. By the time the next gen consoles come along 7nm fab will already be a 12 to 18 months old. And before you talk about too early to go intop next gen consoles, think back at 2016. The PS4pro got a 16nm(14nm) chip less than 6 months after AMD started making them.

As for storage, I am almost convinced they are switching to an M.2 interface. Not just for future proofing but because right now everyone is usng them. You can currently get a 1TB M.2 sata drive for as little as $130 which means for an OEM they can get that for less tha half that and in 2020 even lower. 

As for the OP, I tend not to take anything eriously especially whe mock ups look like some sort of reiteration of the currently existing console.