By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5: Leaked Design And Technology [RUMOUR]

The render is obviously fake. It looks like a slightly different PS4. They also vary from pic to pic. As for the specs, they are definitely in line with what I am expecting. Same goes for the announcement and release dates.

Around the Network
OdinHades said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:
Sony already knows the release date two years in advance and an hdmi port on the front? Fake!!!!!

[...]

I don't know, the HDMI-Port would make perfect sense in my book. You would need it for VR so you don't have to plug in that ugly box that comes with PSVR right now. Being able to plug in your headset in the front would be sweet. 

But yeah, it still looks fake. Also the specs would be somewhat disappointing. Hardly more capable than my laptop. Already less capable than my desktop. I mean I know consoles don't really try to be better than PCs these days. But being behind 1-2 years before release? I don't know, that kinda sucks. And if they go the route of 4K gaming with just 10 TF, I will expect another generation of 30 fps stutter. RTX 2080 Ti comes with about 14 TF and it still can't handle all games from today in 4K at 60 fps. Talk about future proofing. I'd prefer it if Sony waits a little more, maybe until 2020 or even 2021 and packs some real punch into the system. Otherwise it will be dated very soon. But well, at least we'll get a proper CPU instead of a potato this time, so that's something I guess.

But whatever, we'll see.

It's not as simple as comparing the specs of a PC and a console side by side. Consoles have highly customised designs with extreme optimization. The programming is very close to the metal, and they don't have a massive OS like Windows to run on the bottom of everything. To put it simply, a console can get more juice out of the same materials for gaming purposes.

Dante9 said:
OdinHades said:

I don't know, the HDMI-Port would make perfect sense in my book. You would need it for VR so you don't have to plug in that ugly box that comes with PSVR right now. Being able to plug in your headset in the front would be sweet. 

But yeah, it still looks fake. Also the specs would be somewhat disappointing. Hardly more capable than my laptop. Already less capable than my desktop. I mean I know consoles don't really try to be better than PCs these days. But being behind 1-2 years before release? I don't know, that kinda sucks. And if they go the route of 4K gaming with just 10 TF, I will expect another generation of 30 fps stutter. RTX 2080 Ti comes with about 14 TF and it still can't handle all games from today in 4K at 60 fps. Talk about future proofing. I'd prefer it if Sony waits a little more, maybe until 2020 or even 2021 and packs some real punch into the system. Otherwise it will be dated very soon. But well, at least we'll get a proper CPU instead of a potato this time, so that's something I guess.

But whatever, we'll see.

It's not as simple as comparing the specs of a PC and a console side by side. Consoles have highly customised designs with extreme optimization. The programming is very close to the metal, and they don't have a massive OS like Windows to run on the bottom of everything. To put it simply, a console can get more juice out of the same materials for gaming purposes.

""For the same given paper spec, a console will deliver twice the perf of a PC, and a PC will deliver twice the perf of a mobile part.""

""John Carmack:You need a 3.68 Teraflop GPU to match PS4's GPU""

This is what John Carmack think about Console hardware/software/development

Last edited by Nate4Drake - on 09 November 2018

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

GribbleGrunger said:

I personally doubt this but we can't entirely dismiss it:

Sure we can. See, I just did it.

Also, please elaborate and put some bullet points in the OP. Just posting a 20 minute video doesn't cut it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Confirmed faked. Gribble, I expected more of you...

Around the Network

Specs seem possible..... if the PS5 launches at like 500$.

OdinHades said: 
But being behind 1-2 years before release? I don't know, that kinda sucks.
[...]
RTX 2080 Ti comes with about 14 TF and it still can't handle all games from today in 4K at 60 fps.
[..]
I'd prefer it if Sony waits a little more, maybe until 2020 or even 2021 and packs some real punch into the system.

So, you hope for a $600-700 console? How else do you expect tech that isn't 1-2 years old?

I agree, that waiting until 2020 or 2021 would make the difference between PS4 and PS5 that bigger. But the tech would still be 1-2 years old. A release in 2019 would have tech from 2017. A release in 2021 would have tech from 2019. Unless you actually think that a launch price at $600-700 would be the right way to go.

whatever the specs are, i dont see sony going to over $400 price. they might have a pro for some more money, or they might just have another mid console upgrade release upgrade like they did with pro.

The only thing I see different would be the ability to have true 4K at 30fps at launch. to keep the price around $400. 60 fps would be for the mid gen upgrade.

When was the last time a design rumor turned out to be true?

I'm just gonna say ew to that design. I hope this isn't true.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'