By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Senate Judiciary Republicans say no evidence found to support accusations against Kavanaugh

I think this deserves its own thread so...

Senate Judiciary Republicans say no evidence found to support accusations against Kavanaugh

Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee late Saturday released a 414-page report in which the panel members say they found no supporting evidence for any of the allegations of sexual misconduct made against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh ahead of his confirmation.

"Committee investigators spoke with 45 individuals and took 25 written statements relating to the various allegations made in the course of the #SCOTUS confirmation process," the Senate Judiciary Committee tweeted Saturday.

"In neither the committee's investigation nor in the supplemental background investigation conducted by the FBI was there ANY evidence to substantiate or corroborate any of the allegations."

The committee investigators "found no verifiable evidence that supported" Christine Blasey Ford's allegation that Kavanaugh pinned her to a bed in the early 1980s and attempted to remove her clothes while covering her mouth with one hand.

"The witnesses that Dr. Ford identified as individuals who could corroborate her allegations failed to do so, and in fact, contradicted her," the report notes.

It also states that committee investigators "found no verifiable evidence" to support Deborah Ramirez's claim that Kavanaugh exposed himself to her at a party when they were both at Yale.

The report additionally dismisses allegations from Julie Swetnick, forwarded by lawyer Michael Avenatti.

"Indeed, the evidence appears to support the position that Julie Swetnick and Mr. Avenatti criminally conspired to make materially false statements to the Committee and obstruct the Committee’s investigation," the report writes.

Avenatti and Swetnick have both been referred to the Department of Justice for potential criminal investigations into their behavior during Kavanaugh's confirmation process. Avenatti has been referred a second time.

In addition, the report details that investigators were also unable to locate supporting evidence for the several anonymous accusations against Kavanaugh, noting that one of the accusers has been referred for a criminal investigation.

Kavanaugh passionately denied all of the allegations against him and was ultimately confirmed after a brutal confirmation fight on Oct. 6 by a vote largely down party lines.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/414792-senate-judiciary-committee-releases-report-on-kavanaugh-finds-no-support-for

Around the Network

Good for him. He's a still a gigantic asshole who should never hold any judge position.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Good for him. He's a still a gigantic asshole who should never hold any judge position.

I hate politics and follow them very little other than what I see on this site or in headlines, but I’m curious why you say he’s an asshole? I mean, other than all politicians being such. The little I have heard about Kavanaugh was fairly positive. 

pitzy272 said:

vivster said:

I hate politics and follow them very little other than what I see on this site or in headlines, but I’m curious why you say he’s an asshole? I mean, other than all politicians being such. The little I have heard about Kavanaugh was fairly positive. 

Didn't you know that he raised his voice and was angry at people during an all day hearing where he was accused of rape and other sexual offenses that he did not do.

Clearly that is a sign of an asshole, possibly a sociopath. (him raising his voice and getting angry humanized him personally. Anyone who coudl go through all he did and not get angry is someone to be wary of imo.)

Man, I do have to note the ridiculousness of how barren political threads end up when they put a positive light on something Republican-related. If this was a thread to bash Kavanaugh or Trump, it would have 50 posts by now. Again, this is why I hate politics. It’s both sides, but liberals and Trump haters just seem to be much louder in the past couple years—sometimes for good reason, many times it seems just to continue to hyper-aggressively spread their agenda. 

Around the Network
irstupid said:
pitzy272 said:

Didn't you know that he raised his voice and was angry at people during an all day hearing where he was accused of rape and other sexual offenses that he did not do.

Clearly that is a sign of an asshole, possibly a sociopath. (him raising his voice and getting angry humanized him personally. Anyone who coudl go through all he did and not get angry is someone to be wary of imo.)

Reminds me of the interview where Soros is asked about how horrible it must have been to help confiscate property from the Jews in WW2 . He shrugs it off and smiles as he's saying it wasn't a big deal. Ya, that's a class act right there that you would want deal with or aspire to... not. A kid or not at that time, he should feel guilty to some degree now, which he says he doesn't.

Watch the movie Gladiator, and pay attention to Maximus (Russell Crowe) when he's wronged in the most horrific ways, multiple times. What you'll see is Kav at the Ford hearing. Both men of the strongest morals and integrity, who were pushed beyond limits no person worthy of being called a human being could fully control. *Some spoilers in what is said in these clips*

If you've never seen Gladiator, watch it anyway, it's an amazing film, and full of life lessons.

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 05 November 2018