By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So I actually bought Hollow (for the Switch)

Hollow was a game that got me hyped when the trailer released. But once it got released it got so poor reviews I skipped it.

Now that I bought it and played it for a while I don’t understand why I read game reviews for.

Most of the things the reviewers disliked about the game (from a design point) i actually think fit the game and are fairly clever design choices. I’m only a couple hours in but so far I actually do enjoy the game.

The game is in no way perfect and has it’s flaws but to me it is enjoyable and has the right atmosphere for a survival horror game.

So bye bye retarded reviewers...

Around the Network

I dont remember reading negative reviews about this game.

Anyways, its a good game, especially for the rpice asked, so do enjoy it!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

cycycychris said:
From watching gameplay in the past, it annoyed me how slow the game makes you walk. I forgot the other reasons I decided not to get this game.

For me te slow movement adds to the game. This is not DOOM, also gives a sense of the protagonist wearing some gear/space suit witch does not allow for running. 

Mar1217 said:
Bad reviews ? Did they change the game or something since then cuz the game score on Metacritic is fairly high on Switch.

The all ones i read have the game 3/10 and 4/10

I almost never read reviews anymore. I just buy whatever looks promising.

At most, I'll look at a score and maybe take it into consideration.

Last edited by KLAMarine - on 04 November 2018

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:

I almost never read reviews anymore. I just buy whatever looks promising.

At most, I'll look at a score and maybe take it into consideration.

I use reviews like this (more or less:

Meta 90+ means I buy the game for sure if I was in the fence otherwise.  If the game wasn't on my radar, I make sure to check it out.  

Meta below 70 means I skip the game if I was otherwise on the fence.  

Metascores between 70 and 90, for games that i was considering anyway, help me decide whether I buy the game right now, or put it further down my list and pick it up after a price drop, borrow from a friend, or rent from Redbox.

In other words, I look to reviews for some guidance in my game purchase decisions.  But, in most cases, they only factor in to when I play (and how much I'll pay) , rather than if I'll play.

It's so cheap on Switch right now i've been wondering if i should buy it

melbye said:
It's so cheap on Switch right now i've been wondering if i should buy it

I think so

EDIT:// Just a heads up: this is not a action game

Last edited by Spindel - on 05 November 2018