By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - US Midterm Elections 2018- Dems take the House, GOP Keeps the Senate.

Who did you vote for?

GOP Rep and GOP Senator 20 30.77%

Democrat Rep and Democrat Senator 38 58.46%

GOP Rep and Democrat Senator 0 0%

Democrat Rep and GOP Senator 4 6.15%

Third Party/Other 3 4.62%

Total:65
Snoopy said:
Torillian said:

What is this feeling of yours based off of? I'm really curious if you can provide any evidence for this. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/2016-election-day/trump-did-better-blacks-hispanics-romney-12-exit-polls-n681386

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2018/06/28/trumps_approval_rating_rises_among_hispanics_137382.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFU7FZ9d41U&t=130s

I'd call all of that as pretty weak evidence when there's no trend in party affiliations in the last 20 years. Looking at a change over a couple months (for approval ratings) and some easily explained away exit poll differences doesn't really convince me. Here's some pew research data if you're curious.

http://www.people-press.org/2018/03/20/1-trends-in-party-affiliation-among-demographic-groups/

If they do this analysis again in 4 months and there's some kind of change in the party affiliation data then I'll agree with you, until then you are just seeing what you want to see based off next to nothing. 

edit: that said, I appreciate you giving me some kind of evidence and not just making the claim over and over again, even if I find the evidence weak. 

Last edited by Torillian - on 10 November 2018

Around the Network

Free press only when convenient, huh

https://www.dailywire.com/news/38206/florida-elections-supervisor-threatens-arrest-ashe-schow

haxxiy said:
melbye said:

Just calling it as i see it, not claiming anything as fact. Which is why i used the word "seems"

So, you think the Dems are supressing their own votes?

Considering how blatantly incompetent the BOE is in Florida, you can't rule it out.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

broward is a joke. democrats are a joke. snipes runs a circus.

unbelievable how some want to count illegal votes from illegals! really? not to mention no oversite is allowed by the democrat snipes. this process needs to be transparent, as it has NOT been at all, not to mention all these "ballots: being found in odd places, and how is it that a part of florida that was basically destroyed still could get in the votes and follow the law?

its so sdad and almost hilarious how some defend this whole thing? some just dont give a shit if the law is followed if its their person in power.

SpokenTruth said:
LiquorandGunFun said:

1) unbelievable how some want to count illegal votes from illegals! really? 2) not to mention no oversite is allowed by the democrat snipes. this process needs to be transparent, as it has NOT been at all, not to mention 3) all these "ballots: being found in odd places, and how is it that 4) a part of florida that was basically destroyed still could get in the votes and follow the law?

its so sdad and almost hilarious how some defend this whole thing? some just dont give a shit if the law is followed if its their person in power.

OK, this is enough.  You keep outright lying.

1. Nobody wants to count votes from illegal aliens.  Shame on you for suggesting such nonsense.

2. There is oversight.  The provisional ballot validation in Palm Beach County was live streamed with lawyers from both parties overseeing it.  I know because I watched it.  Here is a video of it.  The recounts themselves are overseen by lawyers from both parties.  This is required by law and is being followed.  Unless you can prove otherwise, stop lying.

3. Most of the "found" ballets are simply provisional ballots that always come in after the election date by the very nature of being a provisional ballot.  If you don't want to count provisional ballots, change the law.

4. Not only are they not on time, but they received accommodations because of Hurricane Michael AND their SOE is violating the law by allowing email ballots.

Maybe you should stop lying.

No one wants illegals' votes to count?  Well, expect the lawyers representing Gillum and Nelson in Florida.  Oh, and the election supervisor in Broward County. And I'm sure all the Dems who want illegals to count toward the population in their state, which determines Federal funding and how many House seats they qualify for, wouldn't mind them voting.

Of course, that speaks nothing to the BS going on in those two counties and Florida.  Moving ballots in private cars.  Finding ballots after Election Day, when the law states they are to be accounted for that night.  Those ballots just so happen to heavily favor Dems.  The supervisor's not wanting any oversight at all.  One denying a court order for transparency.  One now denying reporters in to oversee, which has been permitted in the past.  And personally, I don't think candidates should be allowed to un-concede.

Then, on a pathetic side note, we have Arizona and Georgia.  Arizona Reps foolishly agreed to allow the counties to continue to "fix" ballots that were deemed invalid, well past the deadline.  Probably buying into the lie that the last votes would actually favor McSally.  Surprise, Surprise, they helped Sinema win.  And Abrams in Georgia won't concede, hoping she can find some more votes, somewhere, anywhere, to dwindle Metz lower than 50%.  That race should be 100% done, but I guess she can't handle losing.

If you honestly think everything is up to par with these elections, then you are yourself a dishonest broker. 

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:

Then, on a pathetic side note, we have Arizona and Georgia. 

I think pretty much everyone, excluding Trump-worshippers like you, agrees that the Georgia elections were rigged right from the start by the Republican incumbent.

The whole thing in Florida will end like usual, by a Supreme Court order (now in good hands for the Republicans thanks to, you know the guy).

drkohler said:
thismeintiel said:

Then, on a pathetic side note, we have Arizona and Georgia. 

I think pretty much everyone, excluding Trump-worshippers like you, agrees that the Georgia elections were rigged right from the start by the Republican incumbent.

The whole thing in Florida will end like usual, by a Supreme Court order (now in good hands for the Republicans thanks to, you know the guy).

Too bad for your narrative I don't worship Trump. Didn't even vote for him. Not my fault you guys are mad that the blue wave didn't happen. But, I guess you can call it rigged with no proof. Unlike, the BS going down in Florida.

Yea, thank God for the new Supreme Court. And with the Senate, it looks like we might get another judge on there.

thismeintiel said:

Not my fault you guys are mad that the blue wave didn't happen.

The GOP won the overall House popular vote by 6.8% in 2010 (Wikipedia), which everyone called a wave. So far, the Dems also lead by 6.8% (Cook Political Report, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WxDaxD5az6kdOjJncmGph37z0BPNhV1fNAH_g7IkpC0/edit#gid=0), and that will only go up as California counts its absentee and mail-in ballots. If you go by the 2010 standard, this election definitely counts as a wave.

Mr_Destiny said:
thismeintiel said:

Not my fault you guys are mad that the blue wave didn't happen.

The GOP won the overall House popular vote by 6.8% in 2010 (Wikipedia), which everyone called a wave. So far, the Dems also lead by 6.8% (Cook Political Report, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WxDaxD5az6kdOjJncmGph37z0BPNhV1fNAH_g7IkpC0/edit#gid=0), and that will only go up as California counts its absentee and mail-in ballots. If you go by the 2010 standard, this election definitely counts as a wave.

Huh. Didn’t know the whole “wave” descriptor was based on popular vote. Thought it was based on seats won.

Learn something everyday.

SpokenTruth said:
LiquorandGunFun said:

1) unbelievable how some want to count illegal votes from illegals! really? 2) not to mention no oversite is allowed by the democrat snipes. this process needs to be transparent, as it has NOT been at all, not to mention 3) all these "ballots: being found in odd places, and how is it that 4) a part of florida that was basically destroyed still could get in the votes and follow the law?

OK, this is enough.  You keep outright lying.

1. Nobody wants to count votes from illegal aliens.  Shame on you for suggesting such nonsense.

2. There is oversight.  The provisional ballot validation in Palm Beach County was live streamed with lawyers from both parties overseeing it.  I know because I watched it.  Here is a video of it.  The recounts themselves are overseen by lawyers from both parties.  This is required by law and is being followed.  Unless you can prove otherwise, stop lying.

3. Most of the "found" ballets are simply provisional ballots that always come in after the election date by the very nature of being a provisional ballot.  If you don't want to count provisional ballots, change the law.

4. Not only are they not on time, but they received accommodations because of Hurricane Michael AND their SOE is violating the law by allowing email ballots.

Sure..  your so slanted left you would buy anything your told by the left.

1. the law has been violated several times, ballots illegally destroyed and mixed with legal ballots.

2. after all the shennanigans, there will never be a real clear numebr of legit voter ballots counted.

The Miami Herald reported that Snipes included 22 ballots in the total that were cast by voters whose signature did not match the signature on file. Ballots with mismatched signatures are considered “illegal” under state law, which is designed to stop voter fraud.

But Snipes included them anyway in a batch of 205 provisional ballots. Once the votes were mixed together, the anonymous votes couldn’t be determined. So they were just included, Snipes told the paper, because “it seems unfair to me to disenfranchise 205 voters at the expense of a small number.”

The day before, a court forced Snipes to provide Scott’s campaign data about who voted in the election and the remaining votes to be counted — information she should have had at her ready disposal and easily rendered under Florida public records law.

Republicans charged that Snipes also failed to follow a state law requiring results to be updated every 45 minutes. Instead, tens of thousands of votes would be dumped into the state system — sometimes late at night — causing the margins in the major races to shrink as the ballots from the Democrat-heavy county poured in.

Heading into the election, Snipes’ office was being monitored by Scott administration officials after she lost a May court case for the unlawful destruction of ballots. Marring her résumé further, around the same time Snipes lost another court case over the way she privately handled absentee ballots outside the view of the county canvassing board, a three-member panel that meets in public to handle ballot controversies and certify local elections.

In Palm Beach County, Election Supervisor Susan Bucher also was slow to report results and continued counting ballots on Saturday. She was sued by the Scott campaign for her office’s decision to have staff duplicate at least 650 damaged ballots. The law says the ballots should go first to the county’s canvassing board.

“The language [of the law] is unambiguous that it is for the canvassing board to make the determination,” Circuit Court Judge Krista Marx on Saturday scolded Bucher, whom she also chastised for blowing a court-imposed deadline. “It’s my opinion zip-a-dee-doo-dah has been done to comply,” the judge said.

Bucher, in turn, picked a fight with the press and tried to block cameras from recording the canvassing board. She also attacked President Donald Trump, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) and Scott for their claims that the process was marked by fraud or Democrats trying to “steal” the election.

https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2018/11/10/florida-officially-begins-machine-recount-in-three-statewide-races-8907663

its a fucking fix, not a lie. spoken truth, LOL Right!

Last edited by LiquorandGunFun - on 13 November 2018