By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hitman 2016 episodes are very hard to download

Edit: so it turns out you can download them but not the way you'd expect or how you used to. So boot up hitman, go to the store section while on the games menu and download from there. They've removed any possible way of downloading them from the store the way you could originally. 

The incredible thing is from reading the forums hundreds of hitman fans never figured this out and actually think they got scammed by one of their favourite developers. IO should really release a statement clarifying the change. 

Not sure if anybody knows this but if you bought hitman 2016 when it first came out at full price you got the season pass. This meant to you got the complete game when all episodes were finished. Similar to telltale games. 

Late last year they removed the standard edition and replaced it with the game of the year edition. They fucked over the early adopters by removing their ability to play the episodes if they hadn't already downloaded them forcing them to but the GOTY edition upgrade pack to play content they already bought. 

I never knew of this until recently but can they legally do this? They certainly know how to fuck over their fanbase. 

Last edited by Kerotan - on 06 November 2018

Around the Network

I'm sure they will help you with some download codes if you email them with screenshots of your receipt.

IOI usually has great customer service.

Replicant said:

I'm sure they will help you with some download codes if you email them with screenshots of your receipt.

We'll see 

Replicant said:

What's their email?? 

twintail said:
i dunno, are ppl actually complaining about this? This is the first I have heard of this.

I googled it and apparently a ton of people complained on their forums. After a while io stopped replying all together so are ignoring the issue. 

Kerotan said:
Replicant said:

What's their email??

Mail: ioi@ioi.dk

SoMe: https://www.facebook.com/iointeractive

Around the Network
Replicant said:
Kerotan said:

What's their email??

Mail: ioi@ioi.dk

SoMe: https://www.facebook.com/iointeractive

Thanks. That's the one i used. I guess i can't expect a reply until at least tomorrow as it's Sunday. 

After Blood Money I would forgive them anything.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

BraLoD said:
All this talk about ioi here is making me chuckle.

I wonder if it'll summon him if we keep it up.

Replicant said:
BraLoD said:
All this talk about ioi here is making me chuckle.

I wonder if it'll summon him if we keep it up.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

if you go back and download the very first thing you bought, can you not download the episodes from inside that sort of like walking dead season 1 allowed you to do, I'm not sure myself as I've not bought this game.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive