By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2018 Digital Sales Report.

$1.24 billion generated. 

FIFA is up 18% YOY

Spiderman sold 2.17m making it Sony's biggest digital launch.

60% of Destiny 2 players bought the Forsaken expansion.

NBA 2k19 reached the series peak in digital sales but it rate of growth has slowed down. 

PC

1. Dungeon Fighter Online
  2. League of Legends
  3. Crossfire
  4. Fantasy Westward Journey Online II
  5. World of Warcraft
  6. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
  7. Monster Hunter World
  8. Fortnite: Battle Royale
  9. World of Tanks
  10. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Console:

1. Destiny 2
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. FIFA 19
  4. Fortnite: Battle Royale
  5. NBA 2K19
  6. FIFA 18
  7. Call of Duty: WWII
  8. Shadow of the Tomb Raider
  9. Grand Theft Auto V
  10. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Mobile:

1. Honour of Kings
  2. QQ Speed
  3. Pokemon Go
  4. Knives Out
  5. Fantasy Westward Journey
  6. Clash Royale
  7. Fate/Grand Order
  8. Candy Crush Saga
  9. Monster Strike
  10. Clash of Clans

Around the Network

PlayStation will go over 50% digital before PS5 arrives. I wonder what Sony will do? I know the gaming community would hate the idea of even an optional PS5 with no physical media bay, but why add additional size, cost, and weight that more than half the userbase is never going to use?

Great month overall. Spider-Man did incredible. Destiny did surprisingly well. Shadow of the Tomb Raider sales are just a mediocre as its marketing. Not sure what happened, I love the 1st two, but Square did not make this one look exciting or important in the least. Felt like a spin off the way they handled things.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Is this WW? What's the info source?

2.17M Digital for Spidey, THATS HUGE

KBG29 said:
PlayStation will go over 50% digital before PS5 arrives. I wonder what Sony will do? I know the gaming community would hate the idea of even an optional PS5 with no physical media bay, but why add additional size, cost, and weight that more than half the userbase is never going to use?

Great month overall. Spider-Man did incredible. Destiny did surprisingly well. Shadow of the Tomb Raider sales are just a mediocre as its marketing. Not sure what happened, I love the 1st two, but Square did not make this one look exciting or important in the least. Felt like a spin off the way they handled things.

Dude, no way, having 2 skus just to save maybe 10$ on manufacturing cost is completely pointless. Maybe PS6 will be free from CDs as physical media will likely be an anchor in next generation because of low storage and speed.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Around the Network
Kerotan said:

This is WW, source:

https://www.superdataresearch.com/us-digital-games-market/

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

Haha my prediction of fortnite will be a failure on mobile is becoming truer, people don't wanna play console/pc games on mobile phones, the controls just don't work. Neither Fortnite or PUBG in top 10, what is Microsoft and Michael Pachter gonna do now?

And people thought bringing console streamed games to mobile was a good idea :) haha

Kerotan said:

WW. Link in OP but information comes from Superdata.

Trumpstyle said:
Haha my prediction of fortnite will be a failure on mobile is becoming truer, people don't wanna play console/pc games on mobile phones, the controls just don't work. Neither Fortnite or PUBG in top 10, what is Microsoft and Michael Pachter gonna do now?

And people thought bringing console streamed games to mobile was a good idea :) haha

Agreed. PC and console games rarely work with touch and tilt controls.

Though regarding to bold, I don't think their intention is to make us play streamed console games with phone controls.

jason1637 said:
Kerotan said:

WW. Link in OP but information comes from Superdata.

I don't think super data is very reliable so we should just take these as loose estimates